Marriage interview when couple lives separate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage interview when couple lives separate

My interview is scheduled soon. The thing is that my wife and I married in a different city where we used to school together, after the marriage she went to grad school in another city and state which is where we filed for adjustment of status. do i have to worry about anything?
    2) because of school, she quit her job for now to settle down with school work, and she is my sponsor and made enough money last year, is that an issue?
    Thanks you

The not staying together part is fine. It's normal for married couples to stay in different places because of work, school or military stuff. So don't worry about that. Just tell the truth.

The sponsor part might be a problem if the IO finds out that you do not have sponsorship now. She might ask for you to get a co-sponsor before she approves.

I also have a feeling that she might not know if you don't mention it but that's just by chance. They take the sponsorship seriously.

Maybe other people on this forum can help you on this one

Comment

Originally posted by tolucoded View Post
      My interview is scheduled soon. The thing is that my wife and I married in a different city where we used to school together, after the marriage she went to grad school in another city and state which is where we filed for adjustment of status. do i have to worry about anything?
      2) because of school, she quit her job for now to settle down with school work, and she is my sponsor and made enough money last year, is that an issue?
      Thanks you
      You need to find a joint sponsor since your wife doesn't have a current income. Your living circumstances are not worrying. Just be truthful and you will fine.

Comment

Thank you guys for the replies. If they ask for a co-sponsor, would it affect the interview or the outcome. Or would i just have to submit a co-sponsor form later on.
        Thanks and I will keep you guys posed by the end of the week for the result.

Comment

Originally posted by tolucoded View Post
          Thank you guys for the replies. If they ask for a co-sponsor, would it affect the interview or the outcome. Or would i just have to submit a co-sponsor form later on.
          Thanks and I will keep you guys posed by the end of the week for the result.
          I think you need to be proactive in this case. Chances of them asking for a co sponsor or another way to satisfy i-864 are extremely high. They will most likely send you an RFE asking for one after the interview and that will delay your process further. On the other hand if you find one and take a completed i-864 with you to interview, then if they ask you have one already.

Comment

Timeline

So guys, I appreciate your contribution. I wanted to let you guys know that the OI did not say anything about the sponsorship and the case was approved on the spot.
            I will share my timeline below, my case was a really fast one...thanks to God

Aug 26-sent application
            Aug 29- Application received
            Sept 28- Biometric
            Oct 26- Interview and approved

Exactly 2 months long without EAD.
            Thanks, I wish everybody the best in their process

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...