Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI exp at HOU - huge shout out!

Good morning IH peeps,

Just wanted to share my OCI + reun. appln. process experience.

It was the first week of Sept, I was confused, apprehensive and a mixed bag of many other emotions before mailing my application to the Houston office. Hurricane Harvey chaos added the fuel.( smh/lmao). But the clouds cleared eventually and I breathed a sigh of relief when I got my USP in mail almost 10 days after submission(part 1).
    Then started the waiting game. The CKGS website almost goes numb post part 1. So I kept checking the consulate website, each day, every day like clockwork(god forbid my email/phone stops working the moment they make an update :P ).

From other posts here and elsewhere, I gathered it takes approximately a month to see any action on the consulate site. I started seeing updates confirming that a little after 35 days post submission. Then things started happening quick, from Document printing status to Document received at consulate. I was pleasantly surprised how efficient the consulate was dispatching the OCI the day it received it, which continued with CKGS. They shipped the two packets the same day they received it.

So a **** **** **huge shout out **** **** *** to all my friends at the Houston CKGS office, Houston Consulate and New Delhi MEA office. Thank YOU!

A few pointers:
    1.If you can get your appln. verified by a consular office before you ship it out, don't hesitate. I was fortunate to attend one at my local temple a week before my submission. Got me feeling a lil cockier making me book my annual trip within a week of submission. Don't recommend it.
    2.Read, re-read forums. Trust me, you will still be confused. Just go with it, there's a method in all the madness.
    3. Lastly, and more importantly, Please share your personal experiences to benefit new applicants. I was alarmed and disappointed at the views : responses ratio.

Time line:
    09/04 - application shipped
    09/07 - verification complete
    09/11 - USP received
    10/12 - OCI printed
    10/13 - OCI shipped back
    10/19 - OCI received at HOU. tran to CKGS. shipped
    10/20 - OCI + re-nun received.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}