Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question filling out Affodavit of Support I-129F/I-129F

Hello,

I am a US citizen, filing for a fiancé visa. I am currently living in Mexico City.

While filling out the forms mentioned on the Title, I have several questions.

I have several blank spaces, on what part should I be adding N/A or NONE? Is there any problem leaving blank spaces?

Second question: when adding my address from the past 5 years, my addresses are from Mexico which have different format from the US. Is there any issue leaving the State place blank, since it does not apply for Mexico?

Third question: Filling out the affodavit of support for my fiancé, the sponsor will be my father who is currently living in the US, earning in dollars. Question is, since I am earning in Mexican pesos, is there any need to fill out another affodavit of support me as a sponsor for my fiancé?

Fourth question: Should I be sending the prove of my relationship when submitting the forms? I am submitting a story on how I met my fiancé with pictures of our relationship and the other documents from the checklist.

Originally posted by gsoto View Post
    Hello,

I am a US citizen, filing for a fiancé visa. I am currently living in Mexico City.

While filling out the forms mentioned on the Title, I have several questions.

I have several blank spaces, on what part should I be adding N/A or NONE? Is there any problem leaving blank spaces?

Second question: when adding my address from the past 5 years, my addresses are from Mexico which have different format from the US. Is there any issue leaving the State place blank, since it does not apply for Mexico?

Third question: Filling out the affodavit of support for my fiancé, the sponsor will be my father who is currently living in the US, earning in dollars. Question is, since I am earning in Mexican pesos, is there any need to fill out another affodavit of support me as a sponsor for my fiancé?

Fourth question: Should I be sending the prove of my relationship when submitting the forms? I am submitting a story on how I met my fiancé with pictures of our relationship and the other documents from the checklist.
    1. Leave blanks. It's better to avoid miscommunication.
    2. Insert the foreign addresses with the format of the foreign country. You can leave it blank if it doesn't apply
    3. The AOS requirement depends on the Embassy's instructions. Some require the petitioner to submit an AOS even if there is a joint sponsor. Others don't require it. You can check the requirements on their website. To be safe, you should include your own AOS documents.
    4. It's up to either of you to put together the documents/proof of relationship. The end goal is to submit a complete package. Whether you do it or your fiance, it doesn't matter, but be sure to do it completely.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

1. The originating mailing address is irrelevant. You can mail to the USCIS directly from Mexico City.
      2. You can give your father's contact information, but the USCIS typically doesn't call petitioners. They will mail a notice. Since your father receives the notice at the US address, he can inform you of the contents.

Does this help?
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X