Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Address in N-400, is this a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Address in N-400, is this a mistake?

All,
    I lived in NJ for more than 6 yrs after i got my GC. Maintained continuous residence and also maintained Physical Presence.
    My wife moved to india in June 2017 and I filed N-400 in Sep 2017 for both me and my wife. I live still in NJ.

Current physical address - I entered India address for my wife. is this allowed?

I received the receipt for both of us in a week.
    After 3 weeks I received Biometric for me and nothing for my wife yet.
    Case status page is still throwing an error for her receipt number. "My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again"

Did this happen to anyone?

what did i do wrong?

please advise.

Thanks
    Manny

What do you mean by she "moved" to India?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe2017 View Post
      What do you mean by she "moved" to India?
      She went to India and will travel every 5 months to maintain status

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Wow, i think that is going to be a problem... your wife out of the country while applying for naturalization. That was bad planning on your part. I would have applied first then have wife move... but that doesn't bode well for your marriage there...if i were the case officer, there would be red flags all over the place.

Comment

She needs to maintain a physical presence in the U.S. for more than 30 months out of the 5 years. You must count the days that she is living elsewhere.
          Also if any one trip is more than 6 months long, this is a "red flag" and the officer may want to know why.
          Listing her address as India is possibly a mistake if you are applying for citizenship. They want people who WANT to live here and become citizens, not people who want to live elsewhere.
          Maintaining a house or apartment here in the U.S. is mandatory, and you have that. You just admitted on a legal application that your wife did not live in the U.S.

Check in with a lawyer.

Comment

thank you all

I and my wife became citizens. Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by manickam74 View Post
              I and my wife became citizens. Thank you all.
              That is good news.
              Perhaps you could share your experience?
              Your report so far did raise questions and how you dealt with that may prove useful.
              Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X