Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of status from F1 to J2

Dear all,

I am currently in F1 studying full time as an international student. My spouse has currently in J-1 status. I have these questions. I want to change my status from F1 to J2 as on J2 I will be able to work full time and can convert my studies part time also.

1. Can I change my status from F1 to J2? I got that answer YES from many sources. Correct me If I am wrong?
    2. Since my spouse J1 has HRR rule which means she has to go for a waiver if she wants to continue her stay here. If I go to J2 Would I be subjected to HRR rule?
    Suppose my spouse got a waiver I will get a waiver also. In this case, she will be on H1 and I will go on H4?
    3. Can I work full time on H4 or when she converts her to H1 by getting a waiver? Can I also convert my status to H1B If I got a sponsorship?

Regards,
    Ali

Originally posted by liaquat85 View Post
    Can I change my status from F1 to J2? I got that answer YES from many sources. Correct me If I am wrong?
    Yes

Since my spouse J1 has HRR rule which means she has to go for a waiver if she wants to continue her stay here. If I go to J2 Would I be subjected to HRR rule?
    Yes

Suppose my spouse got a waiver I will get a waiver also.
    Yes

Can I work full time on H4 or when she converts her to H1 by getting a waiver?
    No. H-4 EAD is only if your spouse becomes the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140, Immigrant Worker Petition

You seem pretty presumptuous that you both will win HRR waivers and win the H visa lottery. The odds aren't on your side

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Yes

Yes

Yes

No. H-4 EAD is only if your spouse becomes the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140, Immigrant Worker Petition
      So during J-2 visa, if any company sponsor me for H1b Can I convert my J2 directly to H1b.

Comment

So during J-2 visa, if any company sponsor me for H1b Can I convert my J2 directly to H1b.
        If and only if both (1) you win the H lottery, and (2) your spouse wins a HRR waiver

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X