No announcement yet.

Can Labor be filed after 6 year term ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Labor be filed after 6 year term ?

My H1 ends on Feb 25th 2018. My employer is going to file my labor only after that. My employer is asking me to leave before the term expires . My employer says labor can be filed for people even if you are out of country as labor is only for future contract. So, my question is : if my labor is filed after I leave the US , can I still come back in as soon as my I-140 and H1 extension is done. ? If so, is it still part of the 6-year term as I did not complete the full 6 years and left a few weeks before ? Please let me know.

Originally posted by bharath237 View Post
    My H1 ends on Feb 25th 2018. My employer is going to file my labor only after that. My employer is asking me to leave before the term expires . My employer says labor can be filed for people even if you are out of country as labor is only for future contract. So, my question is : if my labor is filed after I leave the US , can I still come back in as soon as my I-140 and H1 extension is done. ? If so, is it still part of the 6-year term as I did not complete the full 6 years and left a few weeks before ? Please let me know.
    Yes, you need not be in the country. You can come back using the unused portion (and hence the advise to leave some time on your H1).
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      Yes, you need not be in the country. You can come back using the unused portion (and hence the advise to leave some time on your H1).
      Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X