August Filers - Anyone got their EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sv1405 View Post
    Mine was filed Aug 8, but still nothing Also the site is STILL down today. I was supposed to travel on the 21st of the month, but i'm realizing that was really idealistic. I wish instead of the 90 day window they have listed online, they had a more realistic guideline for us
    Where did you file the application? Vermont Service Center seems to proceed faster.
    Mine is California.
    The website is back to live today, but still shows case was received.

Comment

Hey everyone. Filed i485, i130, i131, and i765 together
      PD- 28 August 2017
      Biometrics- 25 September 2017
      First SR - 13 November 2017 (76th day)
      No updates yet
      Hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer27 View Post
        My PD is 8-11-17. No News Yet - Filing from NYC. Today is my day 94.

Yes the Website is down today!
        Received email today showing new card being produced.
        Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia83 View Post
          Received email today showing new card being produced.
          Good luck!

WOW. Such a great News.. Congrats.. I am still waiting on mine.

Happy Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia83 View Post
            Anyone with receipt date on around 10 Aug got approved?
            I filed in California Service Center.
            And USCIS website is down today? Can't check status...
            Originally posted by JNJH2224 View Post
            I filed via marriage - I-130, I-485, I-765

PD: 8/8/17
            - 10/23/17: raised a SR for EAD (it was the 77th day)
            - 11/01/17: EAD in production - online update
            - 11/04/17: EAD approval notice - in mail
            - 11/09/17: EAD received in mail

In total it was 93 days from original PD
            We are around the same time but I still haven't heard of anything at all. Where did you file?

I am in KCMO and it says case was given to National Benefits Center

Comment

Originally posted by NZ086 View Post
              I am so totally lost. I know 90days timeframe does not apply anymore (the USCIS agent kept saying WE ARE NOT BOUND BY ANY LAWS ANYMORE!)
              JEEEZ.. so this means a process that could theoretically take 90 days is now going to take as long as they want..
              Anyhoo.. I have been religiously reading all your posts here and am so thankful you guys are sharing your side. Here is my timeline so far:

08/01/2017: USCIS sent "received" notice for my concurrent filed docs
              09/01/2017: Went for Biometrics in Santa Clara CA
              09/01/2017: RFE initial evidence for birth certificate (mailed it the same day)
              09/08/2017: RFE docs received by NBC and they sent me a purple mail asking to keep my medical docs ready for my interview
              09/25/2017: Case ready to be scheduled for interview.

Been 97 days since they received my docs and 42 days since they said case ready to be scheduled..no sign of EAD. I raised 2 SRs after the 90th day, spoke with my congress person(they already sent my request to NBC but are skeptical if that would help)
              I know its a story as old as time..but i got a job offer that won't be waiting for me without any idea about my EAD arrival.
              I am wondering if i could get an idea how long its taking for the rest of you all with similar timelines as mine.

Appreciate your feedback.
              I did biometrics in KCMO around the same date as yours but haven't even heard back for interview yet. No evidence notice received and no updates I am going crazy!

Comment

My case was received at NVC Aug 16, and I only just opened a SR last week. Site says that as of Nov 17 my inquiry has not been assigned for processing.

Comment

Originally posted by xiaochen View Post
                  I did biometrics in KCMO around the same date as yours but haven't even heard back for interview yet. No evidence notice received and no updates I am going crazy!
                  I think there is something terribly wrong with your application (at the USCIS side) if your timeline matched with mine and you haven't even done biometrics. Your first step should be to call the number: 1 (800) 375-5283 then press 1 1 2 respectively without waiting for the voice prompts. Raise a Service request with a level 2 officer. Simultaneously check for infopass slots to get an in person with the USCIS at your local office. Typically if you check in the early morning hours you will get to see the "divine" slots at https://my.uscis.gov/appointment
                  Depending on what the response is with the level2 officer you can then involve your congress person into your case. Find out your local congress person's office, fill out their privacy consent form and send it off to their office via fax/email.
                  Good Luck!

Comment

MY PD is 8/11, no news of AP/EAD yet. While my initial notice said that my case was at NBC, a tier 2 officer told me today that my I-131 application is now at the Nebraska Service Center. I did not know this was a thing?? At least it explains why I haven't heard anything while others with later PD dates have - The Nebraska processing times are farther behind than the NBC times.
                    Last edited by gradapplicant; 11-22-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gradapplicant View Post
                      MY PD is 8/11, no news of AP/EAD yet. While my initial notice said that my case was at NBC, a tier 2 officer told me today that my I-131 application is now at the Nebraska Service Center. I did not know this was a thing?? At least it explains why I haven't heard anything while others with later PD dates have - The Nebraska processing times are farther behind than the NBC times.
                      What state are you filing from? I heard that the service centers pass EAD/AP applications to other ones to balance the workloads.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
                        What state are you filing from? I heard that the service centers pass EAD/AP applications to other ones to balance the workloads.
                        I am filing from MD.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ086 View Post
                          I think there is something terribly wrong with your application (at the USCIS side) if your timeline matched with mine and you haven't even done biometrics. Your first step should be to call the number: 1 (800) 375-5283 then press 1 1 2 respectively without waiting for the voice prompts. Raise a Service request with a level 2 officer. Simultaneously check for infopass slots to get an in person with the USCIS at your local office. Typically if you check in the early morning hours you will get to see the "divine" slots at https://my.uscis.gov/appointment
                          Depending on what the response is with the level2 officer you can then involve your congress person into your case. Find out your local congress person's office, fill out their privacy consent form and send it off to their office via fax/email.
                          Good Luck!
                          Hey thank you for the response! I did do my biometrics, but still haven't heard anything back and my lawyer only told me to wait. I will give them a call on Monday so thank you for the dialing details!

Comment

EAD Approved

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share that my EAD Approval letter was in the mail Yesterday. AFTER 108 DAYS. FILING FROM NYC.

Here is my timeline:

06/01/2017 – Got married
                            08/08/2017 – Sent files to USCIS
                            08/10/2017 – USCIS received files
                            08/18/2017 – Text received from USCIS
                            08/22/2017 – Receipts in Mail from USCIS
                            09/14/2017 - Biometrics Done.
                            09/15/2017 - Got an RFE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
                            09/26/2017 - USCIS received my response for my RFE.
                            11/01/2017 - Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFE response.
                            11/13/2017 - Called USCIS and put a service request in, for my EAD application (94th day from original PD)
                            11/27/2017 - EAD APPROVAL LETTER IN THE MAIL. YESSSSS!!!

Good Luck to all of you .

Comment

Sent my bundle of docs for I-130, I-765, I-485, etc. together on 8 September.
                              The status page on USCIS has never updated since I received my initial a acceptance letter. To my surprise on Friday 24th I received approval of my EAD and received my card on Monday 27th!

Quicker than I thought it would be - from dropping the package off at Fedex to receiving my card was 11 weeks exactly!

Comment

I am pretty much the same

I posted in a different forum but it is pretty much the same:

"I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me out!

Here is just a little bit of my background: I have been in the US with my valid F1 visa. I married to a LPR holder in Feb, 2016. My spouse then submitted the I-130 form for me in July, 2016 and it shortly got approved after that. In July, 2017 my spouse became USC, we then submitted the whole package for AOS: i485, i765, i131 and i-134 all together in August, 2017. I suppose all the forms I filed out correctly because I received I-797C's for all forms and did my fingerprints in September. Since then, I have not received any notifications from USCIS. Here are my questions:

1) My post OPT started in June, 2017, I have been volunteering for my professor and also been depressedly waiting for my new EAD card, so I can start a job that is not related to my field of study. It has almost been 120 days since my I-765 and I-131 were received, still no updates yet . Let's just say that I get my new EAD in a week or so, say Dec 15, 2017. Am I allowed to give up my F1 status? and just find a job to work until the interview?

2) About (c)(9) EAD card. I raised a service request online on the 91th day and received an automated email from USCIS saying I should expect to have a response by November 20th. I called the number and was able to talk to a level 1 office, I think. She said: my case is still pending and the request has not been been 30 days since it was raised, USCIS will not take any actions. She then advised me to call back on the 30th day, which will be on Dec 8th. I asked her to explain what the date in the automated email meant, she kept saying that I had to way for 30 days. I asked her if I could talk to a level 2 officer, she said the same thing: you have to wait for 30 days. So this is my question: if I call this Friday and really can't get anything accomplished, what should I do? What if the officer advises me to raise another request? should I do that? If yes then, I will have to keep waiting for another 30 days? How would I reach a level 2 officer if level 1 refuses to transfer me over? At this point, I really need to know what is going with my case and I need to go to work! All of my applications are at National Benefits Center (MSC) and according to their processing time, they are now working on September 15 for C9 I-765 applications. What happened to early August applications? I am so confused!

3) Would there by any chance that the interview will even be scheduled before my EAD?

4) I know things have changed around like a lot, but how long do you think my interview will be scheduled? I am thinking probably 6-8 months.

Any helps are greatly appreciated!"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X