August Filers - Anyone got their EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Filers - Anyone got their EAD?

I am so totally lost. I know 90days timeframe does not apply anymore (the USCIS agent kept saying WE ARE NOT BOUND BY ANY LAWS ANYMORE!)
    JEEEZ.. so this means a process that could theoretically take 90 days is now going to take as long as they want..
    Anyhoo.. I have been religiously reading all your posts here and am so thankful you guys are sharing your side. Here is my timeline so far:

08/01/2017: USCIS sent "received" notice for my concurrent filed docs
    09/01/2017: Went for Biometrics in Santa Clara CA
    09/01/2017: RFE initial evidence for birth certificate (mailed it the same day)
    09/08/2017: RFE docs received by NBC and they sent me a purple mail asking to keep my medical docs ready for my interview
    09/25/2017: Case ready to be scheduled for interview.

Been 97 days since they received my docs and 42 days since they said case ready to be scheduled..no sign of EAD. I raised 2 SRs after the 90th day, spoke with my congress person(they already sent my request to NBC but are skeptical if that would help)
    I know its a story as old as time..but i got a job offer that won't be waiting for me without any idea about my EAD arrival.
    I am wondering if i could get an idea how long its taking for the rest of you all with similar timelines as mine.

Appreciate your feedback.

Hi

I have been waiting 132 days. I have submitted 2 service requests. Getting ready to submit third. Contacted congressman and ombudsman. It’s frustrating and I filed at the beginning of July

Comment

This is my timeline!

Filing from NYC - Sent package to the Chicago Lockbox (I-130/I-485/I-765) with I-864.

06/01/2017 – Got married
      08/08/2017 – Sent files to USCIS
      08/10/2017 – USCIS received files
      08/18/2017 – Text received from USCIS
      08/22/2017 – Receipts in Mail from USCIS
      09/14/2017 - Biometrics Done.
      09/15/2017 - Got an RFIE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
      09/26/2017 - USCIS received my response for my RFIE.
      11/01/2017 - Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFIE response. But i learned that they stop the clock when they sent the RFE and continue once they received the RFE that they requested.

I think we will get notifications soon.

Originally posted by NZ086 View Post
      I am so totally lost. I know 90days timeframe does not apply anymore (the USCIS agent kept saying WE ARE NOT BOUND BY ANY LAWS ANYMORE!)
      JEEEZ.. so this means a process that could theoretically take 90 days is now going to take as long as they want..
      Anyhoo.. I have been religiously reading all your posts here and am so thankful you guys are sharing your side. Here is my timeline so far:

08/01/2017: USCIS sent "received" notice for my concurrent filed docs
      09/01/2017: Went for Biometrics in Santa Clara CA
      09/01/2017: RFE initial evidence for birth certificate (mailed it the same day)
      09/08/2017: RFE docs received by NBC and they sent me a purple mail asking to keep my medical docs ready for my interview
      09/25/2017: Case ready to be scheduled for interview.

Been 97 days since they received my docs and 42 days since they said case ready to be scheduled..no sign of EAD. I raised 2 SRs after the 90th day, spoke with my congress person(they already sent my request to NBC but are skeptical if that would help)
      I know its a story as old as time..but i got a job offer that won't be waiting for me without any idea about my EAD arrival.
      I am wondering if i could get an idea how long its taking for the rest of you all with similar timelines as mine.

Appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Filing from sunny Los Angeles.
        PD 08/08
        Biometrics 09/06
        SR for I-765 10/23
        Expected Reply Date 11/14

Today is 90 days for me since my PD and my SR says "still not assigned for processing". Hang in there, everyone. I am trying not to go crazy while waiting.

Comment

August 2017 Filers

This is my timeline:
          PD Date:08/22/17
          Notice Date:08/28/17
          Biometrics Notice Date: 09/01/17
          Biometrics Date: 09/22/17
          Interview ready to be scheduled: 10/17/17

I'm so upset, because speaking to the lawyer's secretary, she told me that the 90 days begin after the Biometrics Appointment.
          And online I see it begins from the PD date. I don't get it. I still raised a SR. Hopefully that helps soon for my EAD.

When you call USCIS, did you have any problems when you type in your Receipt number?
          It works online but not when I call, it says I'm missing digits. I want to talk to a representative.

Thank you guys

Comment

Originally posted by baby17 View Post
            This is my timeline:

I'm so upset, because speaking to the lawyer's secretary, she told me that the 90 days begin after the Biometrics Appointment.
            And online I see it begins from the PD date. I don't get it. I still raised a SR. Hopefully that helps soon for my EAD.

When you call USCIS, did you have any problems when you type in your Receipt number?
            It works online but not when I call, it says I'm missing digits. I want to talk to a representative.

Thank you guys
            The 90 days timeframe is not applicable by law any longer. What my Level 2 uscis agent told me was its taking 4 months on an avg to get the ead/ap these days. If you are over 90 days you should be able to raise all kinds of requests. Congress person, USCIS level 2 officers, Ombudsman etc.
            about your missing digits. I dont know how to help since i dont know your digits. But it should start with 3 letters e.g MSC followed by 10digit number.

Comment

I just recieved a response for my 2nd SR.
              The 1st SR response only listed generic additional info they need like : 1. Emergency, 2. USCIS error, 3. Big financial loss and so on.
              The 2nd SR is specifically asking for a job offer letter as an additional information they will need to expedite. Anybody received this response to their SR?
              Just curious

Comment

I just recieved a response for my 2nd SR.
                The 1st SR response only listed generic additional info they need like : 1. Emergency, 2. USCIS error, 3. Big financial loss and so on.
                The 2nd SR is specifically asking for a job offer letter as an additional information they will need to expedite. Anybody received this response to their SR?
                Just curious
                Nope, my first one still isn't assigned. As the other poster said above, it's probably going to take longer than we expected.

By the way, I'm curious if anybody knows the answer to this. I've been looking at the processing times for the National Benefits Center and the California Service Center. They both have processing times for I-765's based on a pending I-485, category c9 (which most of us are). Which one actually processes our EAD's? I received my old (now-expired) EAD from the California Service Center back in 2015, but that was through my F-1 student visa/OPT.

Comment

Just received an email from my congress woman's office saying USCIS approved my case on 11/07/2017 and the card will be produced and mailed to me shortly.. I am still trying to digest this information! This means it took National Benefit's center around 98 days to process my EAD/AP.
                  I dont know if having my Congressperson reach out to USCIS helped my case but it surely didn't hurt.
                  FYI my case status still hasn't changed online or when i called USCIS after i received the msg from Congress woman.

Good luck to you all! I think its not going to be too long till you hear the news!!

Comment

Just received an email from my congress woman's office saying USCIS approved my case on 11/07/2017 and the card will be produced and mailed to me shortly.. I am still trying to digest this information! This means it took National Benefit's center around 98 days to process my EAD/AP.
                    I dont know if having my Congressperson reach out to USCIS helped my case but it surely didn't hurt.
                    FYI my case status still hasn't changed online or when i called USCIS after i received the msg from Congress woman.

Good luck to you all! I think its not going to be too long till you hear the news!!
                    Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by baby17 View Post
                      This is my timeline:

Thank you guys
                      When you call them. And the automated options start press 1222 and this takes you direct to a representative. Saves typing in info.

Comment

August filer - Got my EAD in the mail yesterday!

I filed via marriage - I-130, I-485, I-765

PD: 8/8/17
                        - 10/23/17: raised a SR for EAD (it was the 77th day)
                        - 11/01/17: EAD in production - online update
                        - 11/04/17: EAD approval notice - in mail
                        - 11/09/17: EAD received in mail

In total it was 93 days from original PD

Comment

Anyone with receipt date on around 10 Aug got approved?
                          I filed in California Service Center.
                          And USCIS website is down today? Can't check status...

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia83 View Post
                            My PD is 8-11-17. No News Yet - Filing from NYC. Today is my day 94.

Yes the Website is down today!

Comment

Mine was filed Aug 8, but still nothing Also the site is STILL down today. I was supposed to travel on the 21st of the month, but i'm realizing that was really idealistic. I wish instead of the 90 day window they have listed online, they had a more realistic guideline for us

Originally posted by cecilia83 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X