Received combo card on November 4
      Interview will be next year

Comment

PD: 8/14
        Still “Case was received”

Comment

early aug filler with no rfe or any requests

Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with a level 2 officer and really did not get anything done lol

08/07: applications received
          09/11: biometrics done
          11/08: raised a service request
          11/08: received an automated email from them saying I should receive a response on 08/20
          11/20: nothing received
          11/20: talked to a level 1 officer and she said I had to wait for 30 days till the USCIS takes further actions
          12/08: 120 days mark since my applications were received and also 30 days from the SR day
          12/08: talked to a level 2 officer. She said it used to take 90-120 days to get the card but now it is a lot longer than that and she s3aid wait for another week then call them back

I just feel like I am going in a loop right here. I have a letter ready to send to my congresswoman but at this point, I don't really know what else to do beside waiting, have lost a few job offers already...

Comment

My EAD case

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my EAD process and how it went. I filed in Detroit, Michigan, overall took around 77-80 days, haven't counted yet the exact days. Here is my timeline:

09/25/2017 – i130 accepted and showed online
            10/02/2017 - approached lawyer as I had a job offer with expiration date for Nov
            10/07/2017 – filed i131, i765 and i4865 with lawyer. All files mailed
            10/12/2017 – USCIS received and begin processing
            10/17/2017 – Receipts in Mail from USCIS
            11/08/2017 - Biometrics Done.
            11/13/2017 - Contacted local congresswoman office for help for expedite request. Send letter asking for help and offer letter to congress office.
            11/17/2017 - Congress office sent my letters to USCIS
            12/01/2017 - Congresswoman office called me that USCIS accepted my expedite request!
            12/04/2017 - Received USCIS approval letters at my home!
            12/08/2017 - My EAD card arrived!

I know I was very lucky it went as fast as it went and not everyone can get a lawyer but that helped me in terms on submitting everything that is needed and me avoiding making mistakes while filing. I post this as reading all these threads during my process helped me in having hope it can happen fast. Please contact me if you want to know more or any details I can share.

I truly wish the best luck for everyone and that your process goes faster!

Kena

Comment

Got congresswoman involved

Alright,

I emailed my congresswoman on Monday asking for help, and today this is what I've received from USCIS
              " Thank you for your inquiry submitted on behalf of your constituent..., concerning his I-765, Application for Employment Authorization he filed with his I-485, Application to Re...Show Moregister Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, pending at the National Benefits Center (NBC). When a person files an I-765 application with their I-485 application, it is USCIS' goal to adjudicate the I-765 application and (if approved) produce and mail the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to the applicant within 90 days. However, due to the large increase in applications submitted to USCIS in the last six months, the NBC is taking longer than 90 days to produce the EADs. ...filed his I-765 application on August 7, 2017. The NBC is now completing I-765 applications that were filed on July 1, 2017. ... can expect the NBC to complete his I-765 application in approximately one month.
              Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns"

About one more month until August filers, and more time for them to produce and mail the card... But this is at least what we know for now... It is better than nothing and this is at NBC

Comment

Ugh... potentially another month?

I sure hope not.

Comment

Mine arrived

Originally posted by couchpilot View Post
                  Ugh... potentially another month?

I sure hope not.
                  NOPE, not another month. My card arrived yesterday!!!

I initiated an expedite on Nov 29. After not hearing anything we called and finally spoke to a level 2 supervisor on Dec 14th, where we we told that my case had indeed been approved and my card was currently in production. It arrived via priority mail on the 16th.

My case status still has not been updated online, it still shows only as case raceived.
                  I did not receive a tracking number or any kind of email.
                  I also was not required to submit any kind of proof or a job letter for the expedite.

Total time until card received was 122 days.

Comment

NOPE, not another month. My card arrived yesterday!!!

I initiated an expedite on Nov 29. After not hearing anything we called and finally spoke to a level 2 supervisor on Dec 14th, where we we told that my case had indeed been approved and my card was currently in production. It arrived via priority mail on the 16th.

My case status still has not been updated online, it still shows only as case raceived.
                    I did not receive a tracking number or any kind of email.
                    I also was not required to submit any kind of proof or a job letter for the expedite.

Total time until card received was 122 days.
                    Could you please describe how you initiate the expedition? I am planning to call in tomorrow morning. Waiting at this point is hopeless.

Comment

Still waiting on my EAD to be approved

Hi

i filed my renewal back in August. Case was received on 8/14 and accepted on 8/17. No progress after that. I lost my job because my EAD expired. I submitted a request to get it expedited and it got declined. I submitted several SRs and called a few times and I keep getting automated answers to my SRs saying that my case is out of normal processing time, an agent has been assigned to my case and that I should expect an answer within 60 days. Ist there any way of getting it expedited? I lost my source of income, I don't know what else to do. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by mrb1218 View Post
                        Could you please describe how you initiate the expedition? I am planning to call in tomorrow morning. Waiting at this point is hopeless.
                        Sorry I didn't get a notification that I had a reply.
                        I simply called and spoke to a tier 1 person and told them I wanted to initiate expediting my case. They'll list off the possible valid categories for doing it and you have to choose one. "Severe financial loss" is the probably the most valid reason for most people.

Comment

I got it denied the first time, even after losing my job. I'll try again...

Comment

According to the officer I talked to about the "severe financial loss," if your sponsor(s) could support you, then you're not suffering from a financial loss. Unless you could prove that your sponsor(s) are unable to support you due to uncontrollable reasons.

Sorry I didn't get a notification that I had a reply.
                            I simply called and spoke to a tier 1 person and told them I wanted to initiate expediting my case. They'll list off the possible valid categories for doing it and you have to choose one. "Severe financial loss" is the probably the most valid reason for most people.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X