Waiting for K-1 approval, but getting married in Thai 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for K-1 approval, but getting married in Thai 2 weeks

I have already submitted a full package for I-129f for my Thai fiance and waiting approval to get K-1. We are going to get married in Thailand legally in 2 weeks, long before I expect K-1 approval. Do I need to change and submit the forms for k-3 or could I just continue with K-1 since we have 3 months in already? Will getting married slow us down in getting her to the US>?

Your fiance is not eligible for K-1 after you guys are married. K-3 is obsolete and basically will never be gotten. You will file I-130 and your fiance will eventually get an immigrant visa directly.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Once you marry, you'll submit the I-130 which will negate your K-1 visa process. Just be aware that waiting for processing happens in both situations. Even though you wait several months for I-129F processing, you wait even longer for marriage based visas. You're not cutting your waiting time.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X