Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents and payment for n400

Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife are about to put in our N400 application, and was wondering if we need to include our marriage certificate in the application package? It does not specify in the document checklist.
    Other than a copy of our green cards, will anything else need to be included in the application package?

Also we are about to submit both of our application together int he same envelope, is this a good or bad idea?

Lastly, we will combine our payments for the processing fee and the biometrics fee together, is this acceptable or not?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    longwaytousa

you are better off filing online. your case will process much faster online.

Comment

Originally posted by longwaytousa View Post
      Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife are about to put in our N400 application, and was wondering if we need to include our marriage certificate in the application package? It does not specify in the document checklist.
      Other than a copy of our green cards, will anything else need to be included in the application package?

Also we are about to submit both of our application together int he same envelope, is this a good or bad idea?

Lastly, we will combine our payments for the processing fee and the biometrics fee together, is this acceptable or not?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
      longwaytousa
      Wow, I guess I didn't read too carefully... you are right, no mention of including marriage certificate; in our case, we were married abroad and thus I provided one... we recently went for our Biometric so I guess more is better than less...

As for the Biometric, I just filled out G-450 (PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD), including the Biometric fee (total of $725)... this way we can see when NCIS is processing our form when they charged my credit card... we get points out of it so this is a plus for us...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Moxa1989 View Post
      I didn't know we can apply online??? I didn't find any options other than downloading the N400 forms...which implies mailing in copies of documentation??

Comment

Submitted N400

N400 is not available to file online ..

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tnmoo View Post
        Wow, I guess I didn't read too carefully... you are right, no mention of including marriage certificate; in our case, we were married abroad and thus I provided one... we recently went for our Biometric so I guess more is better than less...

As for the Biometric, I just filled out G-450 (PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD), including the Biometric fee (total of $725)... this way we can see when NCIS is processing our form when they charged my credit card... we get points out of it so this is a plus for us...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know we can apply online??? I didn't find any options other than downloading the N400 forms...which implies mailing in copies of documentation??

Thanks for sharing your experience tnmoo

Not sure what else is required but submitted application today with the following:

1. Front + back copy of Permanent Resident Cards.
        2. G1450 for me + Wife.
        3. N400 for me + wife.

Hoping for the best ... Let's see what happens !!!

And by the way, N400 is not available to file online ..

Comment

yes the n 400 is available to file online, i wont be saying that for no reason..... do your research before you say something.
          I love it when people think they are the expert on everything.....tone it down.

this is the link

just follow instruction, you fill it and submit it online, and all document to be scanned and uploaded to the account.

this will help you

http://www. ******** ***.com/forums/...online-anyone/

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by longwaytousa View Post
          N400 is not available to file online ..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing your experience tnmoo

Not sure what else is required but submitted application today with the following:

1. Front + back copy of Permanent Resident Cards.
          2. G1450 for me + Wife.
          3. N400 for me + wife.

Hoping for the best ... Let's see what happens !!!

And by the way, N400 is not available to file online ..
          here for your own education... hahah

Comment

Moxa,

The N-400 online fling option is not clearly shown on the N-400 USCIS website as an option, though the link you provided does explain the online filing option. There is no particular reason to expect online filing of the N-400 to be faster than paper filing, though it is possible that it might be faster. In my experience, the longest delay seems to be the wait for an available interview appointment, which probably has nothing to do with whether the filing was online or by mail.

Your response to the original poster was more harsh than necessary, .

--Ray B

yes the n 400 is available to file online, i wont be saying that for no reason..... do your research before you say something.

this is the link

just follow instruction, you fill it and submit it online, and all document to be scanned and uploaded to the account.

this will help you

- - - Updated - - -

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoption...ated-content-2

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Moxa,

The N-400 online fling option is not clearly shown on the N-400 USCIS website as an option, though the link you provided does explain the online filing option. There is no particular reason to expect online filing of the N-400 to be faster than paper filing, though it is possible that it might be faster. In my experience, the longest delay seems to be the wait for an available interview appointment, which probably has nothing to do with whether the filing was online or by mail.

Your response to the original poster was more harsh than necessary, .

--Ray B
              it could be harsher lol
              I'm just responding to get your attention in regards to the wrong info you were giving with with multi post quote... just education the general public.
              From my experience on visa journey all the people that filed online are ahead of the game.... you get your biometric date with in days of applying, and you just print and do a walk in.

Comment

Moxa,

I understand your message, but filing the N-400 online and paying the fee online have some drawbacks. When the GC payment method (a different subject and procedure) was set up for credit card payment, by a third-party credit card service, there were problems and unusual delays in the payment and subsequent card mailing being completed. Perhaps the N-400 credit card payment is now under control, but I find it curious that handling submittal and payment by credit card is not addressed on the USCIS N-400 page. Perhaps that will come later.

--Ray B

it could be harsher lol
                I'm just responding to get your attention in regards to the wrong info you were giving with with multi post quote... just education the general public.
                From my experience on visa journey all the people that filed online are ahead of the game.... you get your biometric date with in days of applying, and you just print and do a walk in.

Comment

Credit Card Charged today !!!

Credit Card Charged today, sent documents on the 11th. Took 5 days.

Comment

N400 is not available to file online

this is the link

this will help you

- - - Updated - - -

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoption...ated-content-2

Moxa, what you are referring to is a pilot program that the USCIS made available for a limited time to a limited number of applicants. This program is scheduled to be made widely available to a larger group of applicants once it matures. It is currently not available as they have received an adequate sample size of applicants to study/improve the online filing system..I researched this before filing the paper version of the N-400 application.

The instructions from your url directs users to open a USCIS account, which I did well before filing the paper version of the N400 application, but the only options currently available from the online USCIS account is:

"Online filing allows you to electronically submit certain benefit requests.
                    Please choose the appropriate icon to file a Form I-90, or pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee or Form I-131A application fee."

You can check it out here: https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/log-online-filing

Comment

Got my finger prints taken today on 12/05/2017

They took my picture, and scanned my fingerprints. The person said they already have my prints, so I did not have to get my prints taken again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X