Question on Police Clearance Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Police Clearance Certificate

My fiance in India has lived in Multiple cities after 18+ age for atleast 6 months in every city. As per K1-visa requirements people are required to produce PPC from all cities. I have read mixed reviews about this but they are older posts. Some say it is sufficient to get 1 PCC from the current city thru PSK and few say otherwise. Has anyone dealt with this recently ? Any information would greatly help.

Much Thanks!

As far as I know, there are two routes you take. It all depends on when she got her passport.

If she has gotten a passport within the last 6 months before the interview, then her passport is "fresh" and the background checks have already been done. She doesn't need a PCC from every city, she only needs one it from the passport office.

Now, if her passport is older than 6 months, than she needs a PCC from every city she lived in since age 16.

You have to verify that with the Indian government website for passport police clearance.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Thank You Kumar! I have already checked with the Delhi embassy customer service and according to them 1 PCC from current city PSK should suffice. I can get PCC for couple of cities but, my fiance does not have any proof of having lived in other cities. There are no bills nothing to even prove that she stayed at the mentioned address. We just kept it very simple and straight forward based on her memory we have included the names and addresses of every city in the application.

Thank You for your inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by samkat79 View Post
        Thank You Kumar! I have already checked with the Delhi embassy customer service and according to them 1 PCC from current city PSK should suffice. I can get PCC for couple of cities but, my fiance does not have any proof of having lived in other cities. There are no bills nothing to even prove that she stayed at the mentioned address. We just kept it very simple and straight forward based on her memory we have included the names and addresses of every city in the application.

Thank You for your inputs.
        It's great that you contacted them.
        Please let us know how the case develops. Cheers
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X