Expediting applications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expediting applications?

As per a previous post, I have now been waiting for Adjustment of Status to be completed since March 2017. A visit to Philadelphia USCIS field office in mid-July told me that the application had been received and gone through initial processing, and the interview had apparently been waived in my case. I still haven't heard anything.

Is there anything at all that can be done done to expedite an application? Is it worth visiting the field office again?

Thanks

Originally posted by Veuve View Post
    As per a previous post, I have now been waiting for Adjustment of Status to be completed since March 2017. A visit to Philadelphia USCIS field office in mid-July told me that the application had been received and gone through initial processing, and the interview had apparently been waived in my case. I still haven't heard anything.

Is there anything at all that can be done done to expedite an application? Is it worth visiting the field office again?

Thanks
    It's probably not worth going back, they'll give you the same speel. The AOS and all other petitions are backed up at the moment. It's not out of the ordinary to see several month delays. We also filed my wife's AOS in march. We got our EAD/AP card in the mail some months back only after emailing them several times. As for the green card, we haven't heard yet either.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

USCIS will expedite any application on humanitarian grounds

Impatience does not qualify

Comment

They generally don't expedite AOS because someone with pending AOS can already stay in the US, so there isn't a pressing need for it to be fast. And someone with pending AOS can apply for EAD and Advance Parole to work and/or travel (and those two can be expedited for urgent reasons), which already provides many of the benefits of permanent residency.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
          It's probably not worth going back, they'll give you the same speel. The AOS and all other petitions are backed up at the moment. It's not out of the ordinary to see several month delays. We also filed my wife's AOS in march. We got our EAD/AP card in the mail some months back only after emailing them several times. As for the green card, we haven't heard yet either.
          Thanks. What email address did you use?

Thanks to everyone else. That was exactly what I expected, I just thought I might as well check.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X