Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I eligible for EB2

Hello All,
    I have a 4 yr Bachelors in CS (From India) and a 2 yr Masters in Computer Science(From US Univ) + 7+ years of FT work experience
    The first company I worked for filed my GC in EB2. (Advanced Degree professional) worked here for 4+ yr. (as Software Engineer)
    ----------------------------
    The second company I worked for downgraded and filed my GC in EB3 category, even though I had Masters. Later I realized that the job description for this job was only Bachelors + 2yr experience which qualifies for EB3(In this role I worked as Software Engineer for 2 years got promoted to Senior Software Engineer and working in this role > 1 year)

I got a new Job with a new employer and this time I verified the job description which says Bachelors + 5+ years of work experience. The role is Senior Software engineer.

Question : Do I naturally qualify for EB2 category, for the new job as it requires Bachelors + 5+ years of work experience on the job description and I have Masters and 7+ years of work experience.

Originally posted by rpe31 View Post
    Hello All,
    I have a 4 yr Bachelors in CS (From India) and a 2 yr Masters in Computer Science(From US Univ) + 7+ years of FT work experience
    The first company I worked for filed my GC in EB2. (Advanced Degree professional) worked here for 4+ yr. (as Software Engineer)
    The second company I worked for downgraded and filed my GC in EB3 category, even though I had Masters. Later I realized that the job description for this job was only Bachelors + 2yr experience which qualifies for EB3(In this role I worked as Software Engineer for 2 years got promoted to Senior Software Engineer and working in this role > 1 year)

I got a new Job with a new employer and this time I verified the job description which says Bachelors + 5+ years of work experience. The role is Senior Software engineer.

Question : Do I naturally qualify for EB2 category, for the new job as it requires Bachelors + 5+ years of work experience on the job description and I have Masters and 7+ years of work experience.
    Sure shot Answer "YES", in all cases case you are Eligible for EB2.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X