Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa extension timelines and itinerary vs confirmed ticket

Hi,

My parents-in-laws came from India to the US on 8/22/2017 for a 6 month visit on B2 visa, which expires in 2024. Their current I-94 expires on 2/21/2018 and passport is stamped with the same date. We would like to extend their stay by to 4/10/2018.

Could you please assist with the following questions:

1. Should I extend their tickets and include copy of confirmed ticket or copy of new travel itinerary along with the I-539 application. Would the itinerary be convincing enough.

2. The reason for extension is travelling and touring California. We will include a travel itinerary for CA trip. Also, to sound more convincing, we are also saying that my parents-in-law are planning to travel to another city in India on April 25 and will include the itinerary for this also. Would three itineraries be convincing enough or confirmed ticket to India is better.

3. I looked up the I-539 processing times on for Vermont and CA. As of Sep 30, VSC shows March 13 and CA shows July 1. Does it mean it takes 200 days or 7 months for renewal via VT and 3 months via CA. We live in Georgia. How do we know which processing center is assigned to us? Based on the above time-frames, I'm thinking whether it is worth to pay for the flight transfer costs before filing for the extension.

4. If the visa extension is denied before 2/21/2018 (their current I-94 expiry date), will they be able to stay in the US until 2/21/2018.

Thanks & Regards,

1. Yes.
    2. Yes. You should.
    3. Noy sure.

For question # 4. Please read more on visitor visa extension at,
    Visitor Visa Extension - Extend a Tourist Visa in the USA by applying for an extension of stay using these steps.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X