TD visa or visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD visa or visitor visa

i recently got TN and working in U.S., my wife is in CANADA with PR. she hold visitor visa to U.S.

My question here is: can she travel on her visit visa to U.S. or she needs to go for TD visa (is it compulsory ? if she intends to travel for only short duration of 2 months?)

any help would be appreciated

While 2 months seems like a short visit in relation to your career in the United States, it is kinda long for a tourist visa

A TD visa would be the safest and most straightforward approach. Of course, as a non-citizen, she will have to apply for the visa at the US consulate in Canada rather than just request admission on TD status at the port of entry without a visa (which your citizen dependents can do)

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      While 2 months seems like a short visit in relation to your career in the United States, it is kinda long for a tourist visa

A TD visa would be the safest and most straightforward approach. Of course, as a non-citizen, she will have to apply for the visa at the US consulate in Canada rather than just request admission on TD status at the port of entry without a visa (which your citizen dependents can do)
      thanks for your reply,

but legally can she use current visitor visa to travel to U.S or she has to go for TD Visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X