Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview appointment Newark

Hi Newark filers
    Yesterday I finally received a notification on my phone that our interview is scheduled for December 20th. Yayyyyy!!!!!
    Thankfully the waiting has come to an end after 282 days!
    Can anyone share their recent interview experience with the Newark field office?

My PD is February 7th

Hello, i am expecting my interview date from Newark pretty soon too. My PD is March 9 so hopefully i should get it pretty soon. Kindly update on how your interview went and what the experience was like. Thanks

Comment

We had our interview last August, didn’t have any problems. The immigration officer was really nice. Interview only lasted 10 minutes. She asked how we met and our home address. And the yes or no questions from I485. Looked at our wedding photos. We got approved right there.

Comment

Interview Dates

Hey guys,

My PD is 08/24 and received my EAD earlier this week. My center is Elisabeth in Newark and have filed an AOS based on marriage to a US citizen. My question is that will USCIS prioritize such applications or I'll be in the long queue. In such a case i see myself easily waiting for 6 more months.

Regards.

Originally posted by BELLAGIO View Post
        Hello, i am expecting my interview date from Newark pretty soon too. My PD is March 9 so hopefully i should get it pretty soon. Kindly update on how your interview went and what the experience was like. Thanks

Comment

You people should be very happy with less than a year...

I applied in 97, and didn't have my interview until 99!
          Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
          Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
          Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

Originally posted by pmf123 View Post
            You people should be very happy with less than a year...

I applied in 97, and didn't have my interview until 99!
            Unfortunatly it is different case by case and no rule. I applied Dec 2015 and no update , no interview nothing. Can you tell me what dod you do? Was it normal that time? Did you just wait? I went to congressman but no result so we are thinking about mandamus but it is mad expensive. Please share your story with me

Comment

The best part of the interview taking 26 months was that I got approved for permanent green card right away - no temp green card - so was actually better for me.
              Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
              Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
              Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Kimdre View Post
                Hi Newark filers
                Yesterday I finally received a notification on my phone that our interview is scheduled for December 20th. Yayyyyy!!!!!
                Can anyone share their recent interview experience with the Newark field office?

My PD is February 7th
                Congratulations, we are PD March 7 in Newark, so hopefully that means we will be soon. Good luck, please let me know how it goes! Only 10 more days!

Comment

good luck

The green card interview usually takes place from 3 months after your application is filed with USCIS. It is important to properly prepare for your marriage green card interview, or you could experience a delay in the approval of your case, or worse, your application could be denied if you don’t present the proper information at your interview.
                  Here are guidelines on preparing for and attending the green card interview:
                  Always be on time for your green card interview. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before to your appointment.
                  Dress formally and conservatively, like you are going to a job interview.
                  Listen and respond to the the USCIS officer’s questions. The USCIS officer is only given a short amount of time to conduct the green card interview for each couple. Keep your answers brief and to the point.
                  Do not guess on anything: The denial of many marriage-based immigrant visa cases have one thing in common: people’s attitude that they have to give an answer and guessing. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make is to guess when he or she does not know the answer to a particular question. It is fine to say that you don’t remember instead of guessing the answer.
                  You have nothing to memorize for the green card interview: Remember that there is nothing that you need to learn by heart for the interview. There are no specific test questions prescribed for the immigrant interview that you have to memorize. What we mean by this is if the officer asks what was the date when you last entered the U.S.? And you cannot remember you are allowed to look at your I-485 Form, Page 1, for the Date of Last Arrival. That’s it.
                  If the USCIS officer suspects during the green card interview that the marriage may not be real they may separate you and interview you individually. While not necessarily designed to be tricky the questions can potentially trip up spouses that are not familiar with each other.
                  Be prepared with the proper documents at your green card interview: Carry a set of original documents and a complete set of duplicate copies that you can give to the USCIS officer. You are expected to provide certain documentation to prove the validity of your marriage. The documents requested include, but are not limited to, wedding invitations, wedding photographs, birth certificates of any children you may have together, property leases with both names featured, photographs of special occasions spent together, joint bank account statements, and other joint financial documents.
                  Sample Marriage Green Card Interview Questions:
                  What is your current address?
                  Who lives at your address?
                  What your cell #?
                  What is your spouse’s cell #?
                  What is your spouse’s date of birth?
                  How, when and where did you meet your spouse?
                  How many days after you first saw her/him did you call her/him?
                  When did you see your spouse a second time?
                  What did you do with her/him?
                  Where and with whom did your spouse live when you met your
                  spouse?
                  Did she ever come up to see you?
                  Where did your spouse work when you met your him/her?
                  What type of work did he/she do?
                  Where did your spouse work when you met? What type of work did
                  your spouse do?
                  What type of work does your spouse do?
                  What is your spouse’s work schedule?
                  What is your spouse’s salary?
                  Are both of these salaries deposited into the same bank account?
                  What bank account do you use?
                  Did your spouse have a car when you met? What model, color, etc?
                  Are these the cars you and your spouse current drive?
                  If not, when did you and/or your spouse change cars?
                  If you now have cars, how much money is owed on them? How much
                  is the monthly payment?
                  How long did you and your spouse date prior to getting married?
                  When did you and your spouse decide to get married? Was there a
                  proposal? Who proposed? When and where did it take place?
                  Did you and your spouse live together prior to your marriage?
                  When, where, how long?
                  When did you and your spouse move in together?
                  When did you get married?
                  If you had a celebration, what food/beverages were served?
                  Did you and your spouse go on a honeymoon? If yes, where did you
                  go?
                  How did you purchase the honeymoon travel package, or who made the
                  How long did you travel for?
                  How did you get to your honeymoon destination?
                  Who pays the rent/mortgage? How is it paid? (Do you mail it?
                  Hand-deliver it?)
                  Where does your landlord live, or what company holds the mortgage
                  on your property?
                  How many sleeping rooms does your home have?
                  Are all the sleeping rooms on the same side of the home?
                  What size bed do you and your spouse have?
                  Describe the pieces of furniture in your bedroom?

Comment

Went on my interview on Tuesday

I went to my interview on Tuesday, through US citizen husband. Interview was okay, we got separated after couple of question. I went first and then my husband. He called me back in from the waiting area to conclude the interview in 30mins. He said we are approved and we should wait 2-4wks got the green card. We went with our lawyer. He gave us a letter and In the letter, there was a check mark on "need some time to review the case". I'm really confused. I asked the lawyer on his thoughts and he said he will take the AOS officer words for it. I pray Everything goes well for me and my husband. Praying and keeping my faith up right now. I checked the status on the website and it still says "interview scheduled for November 12". I'll keep you guys updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzsels View Post
                      I went to my interview on Tuesday, through US citizen husband. Interview was okay, we got separated after couple of question. I went first and then my husband. He called me back in from the waiting area to conclude the interview in 30mins. He said we are approved and we should wait 2-4wks got the green card. We went with our lawyer. He gave us a letter and In the letter, there was a check mark on "need some time to review the case". I'm really confused. I asked the lawyer on his thoughts and he said he will take the AOS officer words for it. I pray Everything goes well for me and my husband. Praying and keeping my faith up right now. I checked the status on the website and it still says "interview scheduled for November 12". I'll keep you guys updated.

Hello. expecting my interview at Newark pretty soon too. can you please expand on what type of questions you were asked before and after you got separated and what documentations you took along with you. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by BELLAGIO View Post
                        Hello. expecting my interview at Newark pretty soon too. can you please expand on what type of questions you were asked before and after you got separated and what documentations you took along with you. Thank you
                        They asked the basic such as
                        How did you meet your wife?
                        When did you meet?
                        First date? Wife's birthday? Who proposed? When did you proposed?
                        When was the marriage? Who was there? He made my husband identify some people in pictures.
                        PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER DATES. They asked for dates because they write it done for timeline purposes.

Comment

Any updates?

Hi Newark filers

My PD is February 7th
                          How did your interview go?

Comment

Update!!

Originally posted by Mzsels View Post
                            How did your interview go?
                            I received my approval letter on Tuesday and today my green card came in today. I thank God for her mercies.

Comment

Hi Newark filers

My PD is February 7th
                              I got my letter in the mail today!!! January 24 in Newark PD March 7

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X