In & Out the U.S on F-1 Visa after I-140 Approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In & Out the U.S on F-1 Visa after I-140 Approval

My I-140 has been recently approved (EB category), due to country quota, I'm still on the waitlist to file I-485.

I am a graduate student on my F-1 visa(won't expire until 2022). Will it be any issue for me if I travel outside of U.S during winter/summer break(0-3 months) and come back to the states on my F-1 visa?

F visa holders always face the risk of being denied entry at the port of entry if they can't persuade border agent that they are bona-fide non-immigrants

That said, you should not face any additional issues because of your the I-140 filed on your behalf, until you actually are close to having an immigrant visa available

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      F visa holders always face the risk of being denied entry at the port of entry if they can't persuade border agent that they are bona-fide non-immigrants

That said, you should not face any additional issues because of your the I-140 filed on your behalf, until you actually are close to having an immigrant visa available
      Thanks! Since I am on my F-1 visa and currently waiting to file i-485 (won't be able file at least another 2 years due to country quota), my I-140 approval doesn't really effect my ability to travel outside of u.s and coming back with a valid passport and a F-1 Visa?

Comment

You should be prepared to furnish evidence of your plans to stay less than 2 years in the United States

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X