Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanford health insurance - J1 visa

Dear Officer,

I'm a Ph.D. student at the BioRobotics Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (Italy). I will be a visiting student at Stanford. My period in Stanford starts the first of May and it ends the 30 of September. I would like to subscribe a health insurance plan that meets the Stanford requirements:

An annual deductible less than $1,000 USD.
    Lifetime aggregate maximum benefit of at least $2,000,000 USD or a maximum per condition/per lifetime benefit of $500,000 USD.
    Coverage for inpatient and outpatient medical care in the San Francisco Bay Area and the U.S.
    Coverage for inpatient and outpatient mental health care in the San Francisco Bay Area and the U.S.
    Prescription drug coverage.
    Coverage for non-emergency as well as emergency care.
    Coverage for pre-existing conditions or you have met applicable waiting periods.

Although not a requirement of Stanford University, the U.S. Department of State requires that J1 visa holders have a policy with minimum coverage of $25,000 USD for repatriation of remains and $50,000 USD for medical evacuation.

I have also to fill a form for waiving the Cardinal care (attached).

Could you please suggest me some plans that meet these conditions? In particular, I have difficulties to find health insurance that covers pre-existing condition in the last 12 month.

Best regards,
    Last edited by Antonise; 11-20-2017, 05:29 PM.

Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs. We would recommend purchasing the Student Secure Select or Elite plan option as this plan will meet the requirements that you have provided.

You may use the link provided below to review the plan benefits and purchase. You may also purchase over the phone by contacting our office at (866) INSUBUY. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Student Secure: https://www.insubuy.com/student-secure-insurance/
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Dear Officer,

thank for the useful information. I have just one concern about the pre-existing condition in the elite plan:

"Covered after 6-month waiting period".

I will stay in Stanford exactly six months. Therefore, during this period I'm not covered. Is my assumption correct?

Regards,

Comment

Hello,

Because there is a 6 month waiting period on the plan and you would only be in state for 6 months, you would not have met the 6 month waiting period for the plan to start coverage for it’s specified amount for the pre-existing conditions.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Dear Officer,

If I understood it correctly, I'm not covered for pre-existing conditions during my 6 months period and I can not purchase the Elite plan. In the attached form there is this question that I can not satisfy.

"Pre-existing conditions (complete a or b):

a. Policy covers pre-existing conditions: [yes] [no]

b. The insured individual has met applicable waiting periods: [yes] [no]"

Is this correct?

Best regards,

Comment

Hello,

The pre-existing conditions waiting period is simply that a waiting period. The coverage is still available to you after you have met the 6 month waiting period.

Until you have the plan for 6 months it is not possible to have met a waiting period on the plan.

We would recommend you send the plan to your sponsoring organizations to ensure that they will accept this policy for your waiver of coverage from the university.

This is a recommended plan for students from Stanford University, many students have purchase this plan.

If you need any further clarification please feel free to contact our office.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X