Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mandatory Health Insurance for International Graduate Student In California State Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Health Insurance for International Graduate Student In California State Uni

Hi,
    I am an international graduate student in California State University Los Angeles. I wish to buy an insurance those policies would match with the mandatory school insurance. First of all, I would like to learn whether you policies are matching with my school's requirement or not:

Should you wish to meet the mandatory health insurance requirement using your personal health insurance,note that private plans must meet the following criteria to satisfy the Cal State LA’s minimum insurance requirement. Your plan must:
    Be operated in the United States;
    • Have a deductible not exceeding $100 per illness or injury;
    • Have unlimited medical benefit per condition
    • Include an unlimited benefit for medical evacuation and repatriation;
    • No waiting period for coverage.
    • California Title IX Requirement: Pregnancy benefits for female student
    • Policy must have a designated claims contact in the U.S.

Policies that require students to pay for medical services first and then apply for a reimbursement will not be accepted.
    Secondly, If it is matching with my school's mandatory insurance requirement, then I would like get a quote.

I will start to school on January 23, 2017 and complete the whole semester. It can either be by semester period or whole year if I would have a discount.
    I have also saw that Your 1 year coverage is $760 for my situation via the following link:

Shop with the leader in reliable and affordable international student insurance plans with instant purchase at low cost.

International Student Medical Insurance for students studying in USA or outside USA. Meets requirements of most US universities.

Please let me know your coverage and monthly price for international graduate student.

Hi,
    I am a research scholar under J1 visa at the University of Southern California. I wish to buy an insurance those policies would match with the mandatory school requirements. First of all, I would like to learn whether your policies are matching with my school's requirement or not.
    Secondly, If it is matching with my school's mandatory insurance requirement, then I would like to get a quote.

The Department of State and J-1 visa regulations 22 CFR 62.14 require all Exchange Visitors to be covered by adequate health and accident insurance while in the U.S.
    Minimum Coverage Requirements
    • Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
    • Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000*
    • Medical evacuation to home country in the amount of $50,000*
    • A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.

I will start to school onMay 1st, 2017 and finish the program until on April 30th, 2018. Please include the total price with the discount, if any, along with the monthly payment.

Comment

I have born in 1988. Please send me a quote then.
      Thank you,

Comment

Hi,
        When I talked to the school they also require followings:

Additional Requirements
        An insurance policy secured to meet the benefits requirements must be underwritten by an insurance corporation with one of the following ratings:
        • Underwritten by an insurance corporation having an A.M. Best rating of “A−” or above; a McGraw Hill Financial/Standard & Poor’s Claims-paying Ability rating of “A−” or above; a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of “B+” or above; a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating of “A−” or above; a Moody’s Investor Services rating of “A3” or above; or such other rating as the Department of State may from time to time specify; or
        • Backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home country; or
        • Part of a health benefits program offered on a group basis to employees or enrolled students by a designated sponsor; or
        • Offered through or underwritten by a federally qualified Health Maintenance Organization or eligible Competitive Medical Plan as determined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
        Does your coverage also meet these requirements as well?
        I need the insurance from May 1st, 2017 to April 30th, 2018( a year long insurance)

I born in July 1988.

NO J2 dependant!

Comment

I coundnt find the procedure but here is the link that the school explained the insurance requirements.
          I am under J1 scholar visa, Born in july 1988, stay from May1st 2017 to April 30th 2018 ( a year).
          Here is the link :

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X