Adjustment of status - esta/vwp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anita1000 View Post
    Hi there! thank you so much for sharing with me and our members your experience!

I talked about do the application after 90 days of expire the ESTA because in september 2017 the gouvernment edit the recommendation "9 FAM 302.9-4(B)(3)" saying that if a person enter on ESTA and practice any action that goes against you tourist status (like adjustment of status), the fraude can be presumed. You entered in the USA before that new rule...

Anyway, I'will consider to hire a lawyer. I've just send to you a private message to get more informations if possible.

Thank you so much again in advance.

Unfortunately, I can not afford a lawyer to do my adjustment of status. I've already started to fill in the forms. I'll be happy if you can help me again. Is about the form I-693 (medical examination). Do you think is better to send that form together with the application AOS or is better to wait the day's interview?

Comment

Hi Inadmisseble, thank you again for your sincere opinio.

I would love to know somebody who is in the same situation as me. Let me know please.
      Hi. I also came to the US to see my husband on an esta. We were planning on going through consulate processing as we didn't know there was any other way. Halfway through my trip we found out about adjustment of status and so went for that. I was a self employed contract worker atbhome; i ended my last contract as i was planning to be here for 3 months and therefore had no job to go back to so had no reason not to do it. We have filed for adjustment of status. All is going forward and we are waiting for an interview date along with a work and travel permit.

As already advised, it's relatively straightforward, just follow the instructions on the forms. We didn't use an attorney; no need when it's straightforward. They will only complete the forms using the information you give them anyway so no reason you can't do it yourself.

This forum is great for advice to.

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, I can not afford a lawyer to do my adjustment of status. I've already started to fill in the forms. I'll be happy if you can help me again. Is about the form I-693 (medical examination). Do you think is better to send that form together with the application AOS or is better to wait the day's interview?
      I think it depends on where you're filing from as some take a lot longer than others. I think if I was starting this process again I would wait to do it until I got notice of interview and take it with me. That way you don't risk it going out of date whilst waiting and don't have to pay to get it done a second time.

Comment

Advance of parole/esta/vwp

Hi everybody, I'm about to send my application and I intend to tell you my timeline.

But I have a question about the ADVANCE OF PAROLE.

My authorisation to stay in US already expired 3 months ago (ESTA AUTHORISATION).

So, I'm not sure if I should fill out the form I-131 (ADVANCE OF PAROLE) to travel to my country in October 2018 to attend the Presidencial Elections. Do you think that is can be considerate a POLITICAL BENEFIT to justify my application? Do you how long the ADVANCE OF PAROLE last? Somebody with ESTA expired already traveled and back to US with AP?

I'll appreciate if you can help.

Thank you all in advance.

Comment

Hi everybody, I'm about to send my application and I intend to tell you my timeline.

But I have a question about the ADVANCE OF PAROLE.

My authorisation to stay in US already expired 3 months ago (ESTA AUTHORISATION).

So, I'm not sure if I should fill out the form I-131 (ADVANCE OF PAROLE) to travel to my country in October 2018 to attend the Presidencial Elections. Do you think that is can be considerate a POLITICAL BENEFIT to justify my application? Do you how long the ADVANCE OF PAROLE last? Somebody with ESTA expired already traveled and back to US with AP?

I'll appreciate if you can help.

Thank you all in advance.
          Yes, you should apply for it. It is free. You don't have to use it if you get it; but have it as an option just in case. You do not need to provide any reason or justification to apply for it.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Advance of parole/esta/vwp

Originally posted by newacct View Post
            Yes, you should apply for it. It is free. You don't have to use it if you get it; but have it as an option just in case. You do not need to provide any reason or justification to apply for it.
            Hi! Thank you so much for answering me!

If you well undestand I dont need to fill out the Part 4, item 1.a related the "purpose of trip"? that's it? And I suppose I dont need to mention how many days I intend to travel for...

Can you tell me as well, considering my ESTA has already expired, what should I write at item 6- Class of admission?

I'll appreciate in advance your answer.

Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for answering me!

If you well undestand I dont need to fill out the Part 4, item 1.a related the "purpose of trip"? that's it?
              The form says AP applicants skip from the middle of the Part 3 to Part 7.

And I suppose I dont need to mention how many days I intend to travel for...
              You can put "Unknown" or "TBD" for the date of departure and length of trip

Can you tell me as well, considering my ESTA has already expired, what should I write at item 6- Class of admission?
              Just put what it says on your I-94, probably WT.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
                The form says AP applicants skip from the middle of the Part 3 to Part 7.

You can put "Unknown" or "TBD" for the date of departure and length of trip

Just put what it says on your I-94, probably WT.
                Hi there, it s me again.

Like I told you, I'm thinking about to apply for I-131 (adjustment of status - marriage based, filing currently). But, on the instruction of the FORM I-131, on item 3,a,(1) (bellow) they say you have to have reason to apply. Although on item 3, c, they say you can attach an explanation OR the proof of AOS. Do we have to attach a letter to explain it, like they as on item 3,a,(1), or not? Please help me.

3. Advance Parole Document for Individuals Who Are Currently in the United States
                If any of the items listed under Item a. below apply to you, select Item Number 1.d. in Part 2. of the form.
                a. If you are in the United States and seek an Advance Parole Document, you may apply if:
                (1) You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad temporarily
                for ?urgent humanitarian reasons? or in furtherance of a ?significant public benefit,? which may include a
                personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X