No announcement yet.

Help filling DS-160 form - Present Work/Education/Training Information section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help filling DS-160 form - Present Work/Education/Training Information section

Hi everybody,

I am completing a DS160 in order to obtain a G4 visa to work with an international organization in March 2018 in the US. I have been able to fill in the whole form with no problems, except for the Present Work/Education/Training Information page. I am unsure of what to write, as I am currently working remotely as a consultant part time and for only the next two-three months (thus not a stable job) for two very different American organizations. Both of my consultancies belong to the field of research, but if I select "research" in the primary occupation drop down menu I am asked to enter the name of my employer or organization, its address and my duties. If I enter the address of one of my employers, it will look like I am currently working in the US, even though I am working remotely. There is no field where I could explain that this opportunity is short-term and remote. I thoughts about picking "other" in the primary occupation drop down menu, as it allows me to specify the occupation, and I could write "three-months long remote independent consultancy". However I would still only be able to add the name of the employer and address of one of my jobs - not both. Another option could be write unemployed in the primary occupation, since I do not really have a regular job, but just these short-term opportunities - and I will be actually unemployed in a few months.

What would be the most correct way to go about this? I hope somebody can advice me, as I am concerned that my DS-160 could be refused if I don't enter my information accurately, or if whoever is reviewing this application thinks I am currently working in the US in person.

Thank you in advance for your replies,
    Chiara

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X