Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 Dependent- EAD Question

Hi All,

Please advice on my situation. I will really appreciate any help.

I'm on E3 dependent visa and I have applied for EAD and after waiting for more then 90 days finally I have received my EAD card.

My questions are:-

1. If now my Husband changes his employment to a new E3 employer and gets a new E3 Visa will it affect my current EAD in any way which I got it from his old E3?
    2. Can I still continue working on my EAD till it get expired?
    3. If my husband decide to travel out of US for 2 months can I still continue working on my EAD or it is mandatory for him to stay in US?

Please help.

Thanks!!

Hi,

You will not have any issues. We were in the same situation back in 2015, I changed my employer on E3, and my wife's EAD was until 2016. We checked with immigration and they said there is no issues, your EAD is valid until its expiry date (I am referring to E3 based EAD). As long as you have a valid visa and EAD you shouldn't be concerned, if your husband travels out of US.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Raj

Originally posted by jishabe3 View Post
    Hi All,

Please advice on my situation. I will really appreciate any help.

I'm on E3 dependent visa and I have applied for EAD and after waiting for more then 90 days finally I have received my EAD card.

My questions are:-

1. If now my Husband changes his employment to a new E3 employer and gets a new E3 Visa will it affect my current EAD in any way which I got it from his old E3?
    2. Can I still continue working on my EAD till it get expired?
    3. If my husband decide to travel out of US for 2 months can I still continue working on my EAD or it is mandatory for him to stay in US?

Please help.

Thanks!!

Comment

Switching from E3 Spouse to my own E3 visa

Hi,

My wife has recently been offered a job in the US. We need to apply for the E3 visa, but I've read that I can't apply for an EAD that would allow me to work until we arrive, and I understand that process can take months. Is it possible to come in on the E3 Spouse visa, and then switch to my own E3 visa when I get a job offer instead of waiting for the EAD? Appreciate this means I will need to leave the US to apply for my own E3.

Any advice much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X