Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Resident Visa SB-1 APPROVED

Hi,

This is to post regarding my personal experience with the Returning Resident Visa (SB1). I recently went through the process and hardly knew the process and specific embassy requirements. Its also because i received all my support from the online forums and threads initially.

I had spend about 1 year 10 months abroad on my green card with 10 years validity. I immigrated to states in late 2015 and spend about two months only and received my green card as well. I decided to go back to my country of citizenship with the intent to sell my apartment, car etc. I had bought a return ticket from the states with a flight back to U.S after 3.5 months.

When i came to my country of citizenship, i got arrested for a criminal case and was put under detention. This all jail time process took almost 1.5 year and the court finally announced not guilty verdict. When i came out i renewed my passport, got court paper translated into English and attested it. I applied for SB1 Visa at U.S embassy.

The process was very simple and as mentioned in the DS 117 form. First was my eligibility determination and consular collected the fee and than interviewed me why i was away for longer time. I explained the scenario with just 3 - 4 questions he said i have passed this interview and wait for embassy email.

I was than asked for another interview, a medical checkup and all my original civil documents plus another interview fee. I attended it and it was same questions. The consular approved my case and provided my with SB1 visa and 6 months of validity period on it.

The chances for approving SB1 was pretty low, my expectations initially was 50/50. The key to approval is the essence in BEYOND YOUR CONTROL thing and making it easy for the consular to decide without complications and time frame gaps which doesn't make sense.

I hope anyone experiencing such difficulty goes through it successfully too.

Best+

Congratulations!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X