Stolen Conditional green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Conditional green card

My wallet was stolen and it contained my conditional GC, I filed a police report and made an infopass appointment. I was told that I should submit my I751 application as normal with a copy of the police report and NOA letter showing my I485 application was approved along with the paperwork that came with the original card. USCIS returned my application packet with a letter stating my application was rejected because of missing I551(GC). At the infopass they said I would receive a stamp on my passport only after receiving the receipt notice I797 saying my application was accepted and my card has been extended. I can't submit something that I don't have and I can't receive a stamp without them accepting the application. I called and spoke to an agent who then advised me to email the lockbox support asking for clarification as to why they are are returning my application for something they have been informed that I don't have. I'm so confused

I think what they want you to do is file an I-90 to replace the stolen card (even though it will expire soon anyway, so it is a waste of money), and then get an I-551 stamp and apply for Removal of Conditions (I-751) with that (assuming you are in the 90-day window to file I-751).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      I think what they want you to do is file an I-90 to replace the stolen card (even though it will expire soon anyway, so it is a waste of money), and then get an I-551 stamp and apply for Removal of Conditions (I-751) with that (assuming you are in the 90-day window to file I-751).
      I sent back my application , this time placing attention in all caps followed by explaining why my GC is missing and what I have submitted in its place on a separate cover letter. They accepted my application and I received my I797 with the extension notice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X