8 months after filing I765

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 months after filing I765

I filed my I765 along with I485 based on marriage with US citizen on 3/2/17 but as of today still no EAD. I had my biometrics on 4/20/17 since then nothing. I submitted service request several times but they said my application is under review and USCIS is busy. Is it normal for I765 take this long?

Seems a bit long. What State are you applying in? I filed my package (also marriage based) on 9/8/17. Got my EAD and AP in the post on 11/24 and my card arrived on 11/27 - 11 weeks later.

Comment

I filed in Los Angeles, CA

Comment

Originally posted by andy555 View Post
        I filed in Los Angeles, CA
        Another LA filer here. Eight months is way too long. Have you contacted the ombudsman and/or congressperson?

Comment

Originally posted by slm100 View Post
          Seems a bit long. What State are you applying in? I filed my package (also marriage based) on 9/8/17. Got my EAD and AP in the post on 11/24 and my card arrived on 11/27 - 11 weeks later.
          what state did you file from ?

Comment

yes, I finally contacted the local representative office 2 weeks ago and they said that I have to wait 30 days for them to get a response... Don't know what else to do..

Comment

I filed mine in early May and haven't received the EAD card either. There was an RFE in July, but still, it's been more than 140 days since the RFE. I tried to raise SRs, went to an Infopass, and contacted my congressman's office twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesoutherngreens View Post
                I filed mine in early May and haven't received the EAD card either. There was an RFE in July, but still, it's been more than 140 days since the RFE. I tried to raise SRs, went to an Infopass, and contacted my congressman's office twice.
                I filed mine on 8/14, still “Case was received”. Called USCIS to expedite. They asked for my job offer and I faxed it out today. I have been working with OPT EAD card which expires in late January next year. I am getting really nervous about it cause that date is coming soon.

Comment

220 days, no EAD

Originally posted by ilovesoutherngreens View Post
                  I filed in early May, no RFE, nothing and EAD/AP still pending

Comment

Frustrating wait

Hi there,
                    I know exactly how you feel. I have been waiting for 120 days for mine. I honestly don't think calling USCIS is helping. They are working on our cases, we just have to be patient. I called twice already but I won't do it again. The officer (very nice) admitted that they are getting thousand of calls every day but the clerks that answer the calls are independent contractors that are just there to take down the requests.
                    It used to be faster to get your work permit but due to new immigration policies and Trump's executive order to cancel DACA they are overwhelmed with work. I waited 8 months for my I.94 to be reissued.
                    They are not lazy or careless, they are trying their best so calling them constantly may be perceived as harassment. I haven't seen my family in 15 years so trust me I'm eager to have this resolved but it is what is. During the Obama administration cases were processed much faster but times have changed.
                    Let's be strong and wait patiently.

Comment

PD May 2nd, and I got an RFE in July. It's been 150 days since they received my response to the RFE.

Originally posted by MamaBoyz View Post
                      I filed in early May, no RFE, nothing and EAD/AP still pending

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X