Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which VISA to intern (not eligible for J-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which VISA to intern (not eligible for J-1)

Dear all,

I will be doing a 6-month internship in the US and I was wondering which VISA I should get. I have been looking for weeks now and still haven't found my answer. I am not eligible for the J-1 VISAS (because I graduated more than 1 year ago, and because I don't have a full year of work experience).

Thank you for your time,

Best regards.

H visa

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I was just wondering whether I could apply for the H3 VISA if I will go on to engage in productive employment and be employed in a position which is the normal operation of the business. I am also not employed in another country, so I won't receive a salary from a foreign employer.

Comment

No, the H-3 visa is not available for the work you describe. A H-3 trainee or intern can not placed in a position which is in the normal operation of the business

Comment

Could I apply for the B-1 VISA as the internship I will be doing is in a non-profit? It would be 'volunteering' then. I would prefer this option as the H-3 will take too long and I won't be able to start in January.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X