Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Child born in India can hold Dual Passports

Hi Guys,

Does minor child born in India holding Indian Passport can have Dual Nationality, my daughter 9 years old got British citizenship approved and I am thinking of OCI, however I came to know minors can keep dual passports,
    I mean both Indian Passport & British Passport until the age of 18 years . Me and my wife are holding Indian passports only.

I also got confirmation from FRRo India that my daughter can keep both passports, please see below email I sent to FRRO;

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to inform you that my daughter (9 years old) has got British Passport very recently and currently she is holding Indian passport as she is Indian by brith.

I came to know that minors can keep Indian passport (i.e dual passport which means both British and Indian passports) until they are 16 years old. Could you please confirm so that we don't need to apply for her OCI, instead keep the Indian passport until she became major.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks"

FRRO reply;

Dear Sir/Madam,
    She can keep both the passport till the age of 16 years.
    -----
    Regards
    O/o FRRO, Hyderabad,([email protected])
    CGO Towers, Kavadiguda, Call:040-27541022, 27541088 Mon-Fri 0930-1800hrs

If this is the case then she dont need to surrender her Indian passport and also dont need to apply for OCI

Please correct me if I am wrong
    many thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X