Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP/EAD expirience, still pending

Hello all,

I want to share my experience with AP/EAD application so far. Case is still pending, so more to come. Status is "Case was received", no changes or RFEs since filling, it's with Nebraska SC

06/30 - package of applications sent to USCIS - I131,I140,I765,I485 - adjustment of status based on employment.
    07/03 - USCIS received my application
    08/21 - notice for biometrics appoinment
    08/29 - biometrics done in local USCIS for I765/I485
    11/03 - submitted service request #1
    - submitted request for help to my local congressman
    11/08 - received reply from a congressman, they advise is to expedite based on financial loss and requested documents so they can assist
    11/09 - submitted request to USCIS ombudsmen
    11/20 - submitted SR#2
    11/27 - appointment in local USCIS (via infopass). Checked that my I485 checks are ok, advised to expedite my application
    - sent requested documents to a congressman office
    11/28 - submitted expedite request from myself via service center based on financial lost
    11/30 - received reply to SR#2 in email - "USCIS records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer", status is still initial
    11/30 - received notification from ombudsmen that their have submitted request to USCIS regarding my case

Hoping for the fast and good decision

The same

Received on 6/21 - getting the same reply from Customer service. Generic email.

Other dude on here filed on 7/10 and got his on 12-01.

Fingers crossed they should process it soon.

This is my like 10th time and it took the most 30 days beofre. But this year it’s crazy.
    Last edited by Phil23; 12-03-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Update - reply on request to expedite

Just an update - I've received reply on my request from 11/28 to expedite the case, generic reply just the different flavor:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The Nebraska Service Center is aware of the delay in processing of this type of application. At this time, files will only be expedited if a true emergency exists. The I-765 teams are diligently working to manage the backlog and process expedites, as well as tackling the normal first in/first out inventory. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. "

Comment

Originally posted by thor_great View Post
        Just an update - I've received reply on my request from 11/28 to expedite the case, generic reply just the different flavor:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The Nebraska Service Center is aware of the delay in processing of this type of application. At this time, files will only be expedited if a true emergency exists. The I-765 teams are diligently working to manage the backlog and process expedites, as well as tackling the normal first in/first out inventory. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. "
        It’s getting out of hand.

Comment

Update - status changed, card is being produced

Update from 12/13 - status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". 163 freaking days since case is submitted, hope there will be no surprises after this.

Comment

Finally received card

Received card today. So in the end here is my timeline:

06/30 - package of applications sent to USCIS - I131,I140,I765,I485 - adjustment of status based on employment.
            07/03 - USCIS received application
            08/21 - notice for biometrics appoinment
            08/29 - biometrics done in local USCIS for I765/I485
            11/03 - submitted service request #1
            - submitted request for help to my local congressman
            11/08 - received reply from a congressman, they advise is to expedite based on financial loss and requested documents so they can assist
            11/09 - submitted request to USCIS ombudsmen
            11/20 - submitted SR#2
            11/27 - appointment in local USCIS (via infopass). Checked that my I485 checks are ok, advised to expedite my application
            - sent requested documents to a congressman office
            11/28 - submitted expedite request from myself via service center based on financial lost
            11/30 - received reply to SR#2 in email - "USCIS records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer", status is still initial
            11/30 - received notification from ombudsmen that their have submitted request to USCIS regarding my case
            12/1 - congressman office submitted request to expedite
            12/5 - received reply on request to expedite - "The Nebraska Service Center is aware of the delay in processing of this type of application. At this time, files will only be expedited if a true emergency exists. The I-765 teams are diligently working to manage the backlog and process expedites, as well as tackling the normal first in/first out inventory."
            12/07 - submit new SR
            12/11 - congressman office received reply on request to expedite, briefly - "case will be assigned to an office for review"
            12/13 - status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced"
            12/18 - status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
            12/20 - got card in hands

So basically - push on everyone, it looks like they expedite only after request from congressman (not after one that I've submitted myself).
            Another thing - I'm on L visa, need to travel outside US after application has been submitted. My EAD card is not a combo one with parole, says "Not valid for reentry to U.S." Original application for I-131 stays in "Name was updated" status, lawyers submitted new AP application, it should not affect the process overall.

Wish luck to everyone, let your applications be approved soon!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X