Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 Visa Application Help, Arrested as a Minor (under 18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Application Help, Arrested as a Minor (under 18)

I am currently applying for an F1 Visa to study in the US and I am 19 years old. I have previously visited the US many times however I was arrested for a minor possession of alcohol in 2015 (I was 17 years old) In the US. I could not make the court date as I flew back to my home country and my mother had been in contact with the local PD and they said something along the lines of being able to sort it out over the phone however we lost contact with the local police department. However this year I applied for an ESTA waiver visa and stayed in the US for three months and had no trouble at the airport or applying for the visa. I was fingerprinted, no mugshot was taken and there was no warrant out for my arrest. I made good worth of my three months in the states this and met with a misdemeanour probation officer and had my record sealed. Now applying for the F1 visa I have divulged this information when filling out my DS-160 honestly. Does anybody know what I should bring/show when doing my visa interview? I do know of a visa exemption that excludes arrests of applicants when they were under the age of 18
    "the crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age, and the crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than 5 years before the date of application for a visa or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States" My main worry is that the arrest was two years ago, not 5 As always thank you and any reply is greatly appreciated!!

Bring a certified disposition of the case from the court having jurisdiction over the municipality where you were arrested

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Bring a certified disposition of the case from the court having jurisdiction over the municipality where you were arrested
      Are you familiar with the ineligibility rule that states if
      (1) (U) The crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age; and

(2) (U) The crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than five years before the date of application for a visa or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States.

As I was under 18 at the time, but the arrest was only two years ago. I was wondering if I have to satisfy both of those rules or just the one
      Thankyou for your comment

Comment

You are quoting the rules related to the grounds of inadmissibility resulting from being convicting or admitting to crimes involving moral turpitude

A minor in possession of alcohol is not a crime involving moral turpitude

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X