Houston Texas Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by godfreylaura View Post
    Not sure what part of Houston you live, but the Long Point Medical clinic in Spring Branch is reasonable. This is where my husband went. I want to say it was $180 or close to it for his exam and vaccines. Depends on if you need vaccines... there is a place in pearland that offers free vaccines as well, but I cannot tell you the name of it. My stepson went there for his.
    Thank you! I live around uptown. I have all my vaccines records hopefully I won't need any.
    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
    03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
    03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
    04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
    04/11- cheques cashed
    04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
    04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
    05/02- Biometrics walk-in
    08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
    08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
    08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

Oh yes forsure!! I didn?t mind it but it is a lot of money. It was actually my second, I paid $430 last time, so pretty much just $100 less because I did all my vaccines last year.
      But you?re right it?s worth it.

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
      Nitaardzf:

That is indeed a tidy sum for a second medical, or was it your first? wow pretty expensive indeed. The first medical can be expensive, as they look for plenty ways that an existing vaccination can be boosted. However, to soften the blow a bit, you may consider the payment as a necessary deposit/ investment in your whole process of remaining here in the US. One day, one day you will be able to look back at the sacrifice and smile.

All the best.

Comment

Thought I'd chime in with a tip here for the initial medicals. Some of the vaccines are covered may be covered by your health insurance. I know for my spouse we ran down the list of the ones covered, handled those and then went to do the medicals. This saved us tons of money! Otherwise if you go in they'll tell you its not covered and they'll charge you full price for the vaccine.
        Marriage based AOS concurre
        Feb 2017 - Date received
        Feb 2017 - RFE received
        March 2017 - Biometrics completed
        April 2017 - RFE response received case no longer on hold
        April 2017 - Case is being scheduled for interview
        May 2017 - AP/EAD received:
        March 2018 - AP/EAD forms sent for renewal
        Sept 2018 - AOS interview scheduled.
        Oct 2018 - AOS interview
        Nov 2018 - Green card in hand

Comment

Just got off the phone with an Officer

I am filling through my wife of 6 years for my i485

08/07/17 Case received
          10/26/17 EAD was approved
          10/30/17 EAD was mailed
          11/23/18 EAD was received
          02/15/18 case changed to "at this time USCIS cannot provide any information about your case.

Today about 20 mins ago I just got off the phone with one of the USCIS tier 2 officers. Basically she told me that the wait time around the Houston Field Office is around 16-30 months wait. USCIS cannot open a service request ticket for me because is still within the "normal" time frame. Guys they're barely processing applications from October 2016!

Is going to be a long wait

Comment

They?re processing Nov2016, me and a few other people just got interviews scheduled for next month. My PD is Nov 21st 2016.

Originally posted by cesar13vazquez View Post

08/07/17 Case received
            10/30/17 EAD was mailed
            02/15/18 case changed to "at this time USCIS cannot provide any information about your case.

Today about 20 mins ago I just got off the phone with one of the USCIS tier 2 officers. Basically she told me that the wait time around the Houston Field Office is around 16-30 months wait. USCIS cannot open a service request ticket for me because is still within the "normal" time frame. Guys they're barely processing applications from October 2016!

Comment

Originally posted by Nitaardzf View Post
              They?re processing Nov2016, me and a few other people just got interviews scheduled for next month. My PD is Nov 21st 2016.
              Thanks for the update I filed all the paperwork on my own and did not have a clear timeline. Only through word of mouth which everyone told me it was about a year timeframe. Specially since my mother in law had done the exact same process and her thing only took 14 because she had to go through 2 interviews since she had just married. Patience is my only friend, at least im glad im not alone.

Comment

Dec 14 2016

I filled family based for my mom and didn?t receive interview date
                PD is 12/14/16
                I know nov 2016 got their interview, please give me update if anyone of you also filed in dec 2016

Comment

Originally posted by niumob View Post
                  I filled family based for my mom and didn?t receive interview date
                  PD is 12/14/16
                  I know nov 2016 got their interview, please give me update if anyone of you also filed in dec 2016
                  Hopefully you're next this month! That would be music to my ears because our PD is not far from yours.

Originally posted by cesar13vazquez View Post

08/07/17 Case received
                  10/30/17 EAD was mailed

ISO's over the phone just read what's off the website. You're better off just reading the case tracker online because that's what they tell you as far as processing times go. When I call i just request to speak to level 2 because the initial people that answer are doing nothing more than reading you what's on the site. The second level which are the ISO's work at the national benefits center so they don't know what's going on at the local offices.
                  Feb 2017 - Date received
                  Feb 2017 - RFE received
                  Oct 2018 - AOS interview

Comment

Originally posted by Randomdude View Post
                    Hopefully you're next this month! That would be music to my ears because our PD is not far from yours.

ISO's over the phone just read what's off the website. You're better off just reading the case tracker online because that's what they tell you as far as processing times go. When I call i just request to speak to level 2 because the initial people that answer are doing nothing more than reading you what's on the site. The second level which are the ISO's work at the national benefits center so they don't know what's going on at the local offices.
                    I just wanted to clarify that level 1, 2 and level 3 ?officers? are at the contact center and not at the National Benefits Center. Believe me, I corner them on the phone with questions when they start going in circles. The level 3 I talked to even told me ?no one here is an immigration officer. We are all customer service agents with different levels of access to your case?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomdude View Post

I have a neighbor who applied from Houston in November 2016 and she completed her case in 14 months. Does anyone have any idea how it is possible? She applied through marriage too.
                      04/11- cheques cashed

Comment

Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
                        I have a neighbor who applied from Houston in November 2016 and she completed her case in 14 months. Does anyone have any idea how it is possible? She applied through marriage too.
                        Are you saying that is fast or slow?

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                          Are you saying that is fast or slow?
                          Faster than what has been shared here. I am trying to understand what makes the difference on a case to process faster than others.
                          04/11- cheques cashed

Comment

Faster than what has been shared here. I am trying to understand what makes the difference on a case to process faster than others.
                            Gotcha. Sometimes people fail to state they're adjusting from K-1. Applications filed before 04-17-17 are still getting the interview waived. https://media.click2houston.com/docu...687_ver1.0.pdf

And of course, most do not share what their field office is.

Comment

Because before the Orange sitting in DC came along they were waiving a lot of employment based adjustments so that moved marriage based cases faster. It'll change again when a democrat party president takes over. N400's were taking 12months in Houston but now those are getting delayed too...naturalized immigrants are generally bad for office runners that are GOP.

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              I just wanted to clarify that level 1, 2 and level 3 ?officers? are at the contact center and not at the National Benefits Center. Believe me, I corner them on the phone with questions when they start going in circles. The level 3 I talked to even told me ?no one here is an immigration officer. We are all customer service agents with different levels of access to your case?
                              The 1-800 number? The second tier that calls you back are ISO's. They identify themselves as officers at least. To be honest I'm not sure what level 3 is. Every time i call i get the automated system first. Then after being tortured by that I get a call center who reads what's on my screen, then I ask to speak to level 2 and I'm sent to the other line which has an automated system telling me they'll call me back in 130mins.
                              Last edited by Randomdude; 07-22-2018, 12:27 AM.
                              Feb 2017 - Date received
                              Feb 2017 - RFE received
                              Oct 2018 - AOS interview

Comment

The 1-800 number? The second tier that calls you back are ISO's. They identify themselves as officers at least. To be honest I'm not sure what level 3 is. Every time i call i get the automated system first. Then after being tortured by that I get a call center who reads what's on my screen, then I ask to speak to level 2 and I'm sent to the other line which has an automated system telling me they'll call me back in 130mins.[/QUOTE]

They?re not. I have gotten the same level 2 several times. He confirmed that they are not immigration officers. They are customer service Representatives. Level 3 is the next level. I?ve spoken to a level 3 who had to consult with his supervisor to answer my questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X