Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Originally posted by 5pctoff View Post
    Interestingly, my EAD has been approved but I still haven't received a biometrics notice!

I filed an inquiry and USCIS said that mine is still waiting to be scheduled
    When you say your ead got approved you mean you already got the card and the ap?

Comment

Originally posted by coffee023 View Post
      im filing for aos.
      sent all my documents on the 30th of Nov through ups
      got confirmation that my documents were received on monday 4th dec
      uscis just sent 3 confirmations from by email and 3 confirmations by sms by 11:55pm monday dec 12th
      got RFIE on the 10th of January for spouse tax papers
      uscis confirmed receipt of evidence on the 23rd of january 2018
      just got a courtesy letter from the uscis that reminding me that i didnt submit a completed and signed I-1693. what does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by coffee023 View Post
        got RFIE on the 10th of January for spouse tax papers
        uscis confirmed receipt of evidence on the 23rd of january 2018
        just got a courtesy letter from the uscis that reminding me that i didnt submit a completed and signed I-1693. what does this mean?
        Do you mean I-693?

That is the report of medical examination & vaccination. You can submit this with AOS, or alternatively you can bring it with you to your AOS Interview.

I'm guessing the courtesy is just letting you know that it is outstanding and will need to be done at some point prior to Interview.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisNY View Post
          Do you mean I-693?

That is the report of medical examination & vaccination. You can submit this with AOS, or alternatively you can bring it with you to your AOS Interview.

I'm guessing the courtesy is just letting you know that it is outstanding and will need to be done at some point prior to Interview.
          yea I-693. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brunadowling View Post
            When you say your ead got approved you mean you already got the card and the ap?
            Yes! I have it in hand now
            EB-5 PD: 9/25/2015, California Service Center
            I-485 filed: 12/5/2017, California Service Center
            I-485 check cashed: 12/15/2017
            I-485 NOA1 date: 12/14/2017
            EAD/AP approved: 1/24/2018
            Fingerprint: 2/12/2018

Comment

That?s great!

That?s so awesome! I?m waiting for some news... I?m on the 53 day since I send my application.

Originally posted by 5pctoff View Post
              Yes! I have it in hand now

Comment

Anyone have any updates by any chance?
                Nothing on my end

Comment

Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
                  Anyone have any updates by any chance?
                  Nothing on my end
                  Nope. I'm not expecting anything for at least another couple of months, only on day 60 for EAD/AP right now. 109 since filing for AOS. Had an infopass today about another matter and the agent said that from what she's seeing it's taking 4-5 months, closer to 5 for EAD's. She had a look and said everything is in order on my file but that the EAD and AP is still "in process". And that I just have to hold tight for the AOS interview as there is a sizeable backlog.

Comment

Hi everyone, first post here. I submitted on behalf of my wife who is currently on an F-1 visa. Here is our timeline:

Mid-December 2017: Concurrently filed I-130 (I-130A), I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864 to Chicago lockbox
                    12/22/2017: Received date and priority date
                    1/2/2018: I-797C Notice of action of all forms received
                    1/5/2018: I-797C Notice of action for biometrics appointment at USCIS Boston (Revere, MA)
                    1/25/2018: Biometrics appointment completed
                    1/26/2018: Courtesy letter to applicant that I-693 was NOT filed (we intentionally didn't file I-693 since it's only valid for a year and we didn't know when we would have our interview date)
                    2/15/2018: Interview scheduled for 3/29/2018

We just received an email and case status update today that the interview has already been scheduled! Here is what the case status page says:

On February 15, 2018, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC__________. Your interview is on March 29, 2018. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by March 17, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

And the email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSC_______________

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On February 15, 2018, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC____________. Your interview is on March 29, 2018. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by March 17, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
                    Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

We only filed our package less than 2 months ago so we are surprised that we already have an interview date set. If it's real, we need to get our I-693 (medical exam) done ASAP.

Comment

Interview Notice - Buffalo Office

Background information: I am married to an American Citizen, he is a Caucasian man, while I'm Asian. We're both highly educated and work in Finance.
                      I have a valid EAD Card for OPT.
                      My case is being processed in Buffalo USCIS office and NSC.
                      We have a lawyer, but I did all the work by myself because I'm OCD.
                      This is my timeline.
                      12/19/17: Sent and received at uscis
                      12/22/17: Notice Date
                      12/27/17: Notice was sent out
                      1/4/18: Received mail for I130,131,765, 485
                      1/5/2018: Notice for biometric
                      1/9/2018: Sent date for biometric mail
                      1/25/2018: appointment date for biometric
                      2/15/2018: Notice on USCIS interview is scheduled on 3/26/2018.
                      Frankly, I'm shocked that I'm being interviewed this early, and trying to scramble for additional proof at this point to present during the interview.
                      Thought I should share.

Comment

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

12/19/2017: Application sent
                        12/27/2017: Application Received
                        1/8/2018: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
                        1/12/2018: Three letters of the receipt in mail*
                        1/20/2018: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
                        2/02/2018: Biometric Appointment
                        2/8/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview. Online update only. I don't have the interview date yet.
                        Adjusting from H1-b, married to USC, Philadelphia, PA

12/19/17: App sent
                        12/27/17: App Received
                        1/8/18: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
                        1/12/18: 3 letters of the receipt in mail
                        1/20/18: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
                        2/02/18: Biometric Appointment
                        2/8/18: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
                        5/16/18: New Card Is Being Produced
                        5/26/18: Received EAD card
                        12/20/18: Interview scheduled.
                        1/24/19: Interview completer; approved on the spot

Comment

are updates you care to share?

Originally posted by celestevaen View Post
                          I am using the same office! Good luck
                          Hey there! I am using the Chicago office, too. My husband just files his concurrent application (AOS, EAD, AP). It's been sitting in the LockBox for a week and we haven't received notice that it has been delivered. Did you have a similar experience? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ks1204 View Post
                            12/19/2017: Application sent
                            12/27/2017: Application Received
                            1/8/2018: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
                            1/12/2018: Three letters of the receipt in mail*
                            1/20/2018: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
                            2/02/2018: Biometric Appointment
                            2/8/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview. Online update only. I don't have the interview date yet.
                            No EAD card mailed?
                            Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                            Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                            Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                            Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                            Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                            Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                            EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                            EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                            SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                            GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                            Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                            I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                            GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                              No EAD card mailed?
                              No EAD card. Currently, I am on H1-b and working full time. I did file form i-765 since my h1-b is expiring this year. Honestly, I am very surprised to see an update on my case so early. I hope to get an interview date soon.
                              Adjusting from H1-b, married to USC, Philadelphia, PA

12/19/17: App sent
                              12/27/17: App Received
                              1/8/18: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
                              1/12/18: 3 letters of the receipt in mail
                              1/20/18: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
                              2/02/18: Biometric Appointment
                              2/8/18: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
                              5/16/18: New Card Is Being Produced
                              5/26/18: Received EAD card
                              12/20/18: Interview scheduled.
                              1/24/19: Interview completer; approved on the spot

Comment

Request for Applicant to Appear For Initial Interview

I Filed in December (12/19/2017 PD) and just got mailed my Scheduled Interview Letter (3/21/2018)

The Title says 'Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview', interested to see if any other December Filers who had their interview scheduled have similar wording?

I'm hoping not to have more than one Interview if I can help it!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X