• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michael.satish View Post
    Hi All,

Here is my timeline.
    i485 application sent: 12/28/2017
    i485 application delivered by fedex and signed: 12/29/2017

I did not include G4115 with the application and filed by my company's attorney. What is the first update I should expect and in what form? probably by mail given there is no G4115 included. Going through the forum, within 15 days of filing the applicants get acknowledge and case number from USCIS. Should i wait till JAN 15 and follow up with my Attorney and USCIS?

Thank you,
    Satish
    Hi Satish 👋🏽

You probably will get a notice via mail between 15-21 days if there’s no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by fbslims View Post
      Hi Satish,

I filed in August and got my EAD early November. You dont have to wait for 15 days and even i did not include the sms/text notification form. As soon as it was delivered, i called up straightaway asking them for my receipt nos. They ask basic questions like name, passport no and what forms you need receipt nos for.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
      Hi PMfbslims,

Thank you so much for your reply. Interesting to know that we can do that; ring USCIS up right after they received the package. In your case, did USCIS gave the receipt nos for i485 application. I try my luck next week.

Thank you,

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hardtik View Post
      Hi Satish 👋🏽

You probably will get a notice via mail between 15-21 days if there’s no issues.
      Thank you PMHardtik, hope there is no issues and i get my notices in mail

Comment

Yep, got receipt nos for all forms i submitted. You can then track your status by using their website. They however are notoriously slow updating it though.

Hi PMfbslims,

Thank you so much for your reply. Interesting to know that we can do that; ring USCIS up right after they received the package. In your case, did USCIS gave the receipt nos for i485 application. I try my luck next week.

Thank you,

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you PMHardtik, hope there is no issues and i get my notices in mail

Comment

Yep, got receipt nos for all forms i submitted. You can then track your status by using their website. They however are notoriously slow updating it though.
          Hey,

I did call up and they said I need to wait for 30 days and then ring them up if I hadn't received my Receipt No's. I guess its fine to wait till 30 days. But how did you manage to get all the receipt no's, guess the person i spoke to was straightforward

Thank you

Comment

Hey Satish,

Try caĺling again and i guess you got someone who wasn't willing to help or didn't know his job.

Good luck!

Hey,

I did call up and they said I need to wait for 30 days and then ring them up if I hadn't received my Receipt No's. I guess its fine to wait till 30 days. But how did you manage to get all the receipt no's, guess the person i spoke to was straightforward

Thank you

Comment

Hey Satish,

Try caĺling again and i guess you got someone who wasn't willing to help or didn't know his job.

Good luck!
              Or try and have some patience. Everyone calling right away really doesn't help. Patience is a key word in this entire process

Comment

Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
                Or try and have some patience. Everyone calling right away really doesn't help. Patience is a key word in this entire process
                Hi,

I certainly dont mind waiting, and you are right, patience is the key. The only reason I though about following up is Cross Chargeability, I used it and it seems based on the forum, sometimes USCIS may not see that and return the application. I hope it does not happen in my case,

Thank you

Comment

The waiting starts now...
                  I did my biometrics today.. I was in and out in about 20min.
                  Now we wait...

Comment

Now we wait...
                    Good luck 👍🏼 hope the process will be fast for you.
                    Waiting on my bio notice.. probably will get it next week.

Comment

Now we wait...
                      Any tips for dealing with the Seattle office? Or was it all super straight forward and easy? I have my biometrics appt on the 25th!

Comment

Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post
                        Any tips for dealing with the Seattle office? Or was it all super straight forward and easy? I have my biometrics appt on the 25th!
                        Honestly, no tips are needed. That was super smooth. Have $7 ready to pay for parking. Went in, shoes,belt off, walked through the detector,followed the blue line to the right. Filled in a form with my name,country of birth,height weight etc, went to the desk (nr11) lady was super friendly, asked for my appointment letter and ID.. she stamped my appointment letter and gave me a number. Told me to sit there till my number was called. Maybe 10minutes later they called my number, they took a picture,did the fingerprints and done. The entire thing took maybe 20-30min.
                        My appointment was for 9am, i was there early, traffic was lighter than expected. I was out the building before 9am haha

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hardtik View Post
                        Good luck 👍🏼 hope the process will be fast for you.
                        Waiting on my bio notice.. probably will get it next week.
                        Thanks! Same for you!

Comment

Sent all

I sent all on 12/14/17
                          fee charged 12/21/17
                          receipts 12/24/17
                          Letter saying about appointment 12/31/17
                          Finger prints and photo 01/10/18

Waiting for ead and adv parole

Hi!

I also just send all my concurrent paperwork ( I485,I130,I765 etc)
                          So we are on the same timeline.
                          I am using the Chicago office.

Comment

Honestly, no tips are needed. That was super smooth. Have $7 ready to pay for parking. Went in, shoes,belt off, walked through the detector,followed the blue line to the right. Filled in a form with my name,country of birth,height weight etc, went to the desk (nr11) lady was super friendly, asked for my appointment letter and ID.. she stamped my appointment letter and gave me a number. Told me to sit there till my number was called. Maybe 10minutes later they called my number, they took a picture,did the fingerprints and done. The entire thing took maybe 20-30min.
                            My appointment was for 9am, i was there early, traffic was lighter than expected. I was out the building before 9am haha
                            OK great, glad to hear it's all nice & straight forward. My husband is weird about traffic so I imagine we'll get there hours before my appointment haha. Can't wait to get this next step done.

Comment

Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post
                              OK great, glad to hear it's all nice & straight forward. My husband is weird about traffic so I imagine we'll get there hours before my appointment haha. Can't wait to get this next step done.
                              Yeah I'm the same way with traffic haha
                              I rather be 1hr early than 5min late.
                              And honestly I dont think they even check the time on your appointment. So if you all are early, just go in. Thats what I did

Comment

Hey Satish,

Good luck!
                                Hi,

Thank you it worked, I called again and spoke to a level 2 executive. The executive was very nice and informative, she gave all the receipt no's.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X