Aug filer to NBC still pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug filer to NBC still pending

Marriage based filed w/ AP & I485 (I did I130 separately a while back already)
    My case was transferred to National Benefits Center, originally filed from Missouri.
    Last Update 8/18
    Biometrics 9/12
    Haven't heard anything since.
    Raised SR on Nov.8 haven't been assigned.
    My lawyer says its within normal range and tells me to just wait.

Any comrades here? ;(

Originally posted by xiaochen View Post
    Marriage based filed w/ AP & I485 (I did I130 separately a while back already)
    My case was transferred to National Benefits Center, originally filed from Missouri.
    Last Update 8/18
    Biometrics 9/12
    Haven't heard anything since.
    Raised SR on Nov.8 haven't been assigned.
    My lawyer says its within normal range and tells me to just wait.

Any comrades here? ;(
    *Raises hand*

Been 117 days for me. Hang in there, friend!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
      *Raises hand*

Been 117 days for me. Hang in there, friend!!!!!
      Ugh, at least it is good to know someone is here with me LOL. I heard that NBC is having a horrible lag.

Comment

Ugh, at least it is good to know someone is here with me LOL. I heard that NBC is having a horrible lag.
        Ugh tell me about it! I put in a regular service request back in Oct. Then a Tier 2 guy put in an expedited request and told me to wait 3-10 days. Three days later (this was last Fri), both service requests updated to assigned and completed and a reponse had been sent out. But I have no emails or regular mail from them yet sooo I guess more waiting!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I see that you raised an SR on Nov 8. It's been basically 30 days. I say try calling again and get a Tier 2 rep to put in another SR for you. I never am sure if it helps though because I bet they're backlogged on SR's too.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
          Ugh tell me about it! I put in a regular service request back in Oct. Then a Tier 2 guy put in an expedited request and told me to wait 3-10 days. Three days later (this was last Fri), both service requests updated to assigned and completed and a reponse had been sent out. But I have no emails or regular mail from them yet sooo I guess more waiting!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I see that you raised an SR on Nov 8. It's been basically 30 days. I say try calling again and get a Tier 2 rep to put in another SR for you. I never am sure if it helps though because I bet they're backlogged on SR's too.

My lawyer mentioned something about I am still within the processing range so he can't raise a formal request. I wonder if that is the same thing as a Tier 2 or else. I am still waiting right now because I am really bad talking to ppl on the phone (anxiety issue) and just crossing my fingers.

I don't now if we just got unlucky thay NBC is being absurdly slow. I hope you get the mail soon! I thought they were supposed to send you an email as well!

Comment

PD: 08/14
            Still “Case was received”

Hopefully I don’t lose my job. My current OPT EAD card expires on 01/25/2018. Hopefully they can get it done within the next a month and a half time.

Comment

Early August filler here

Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with a level 2 officer and really did not get anything done lol

08/07: applications received
              09/11: biometrics done
              11/08: raised a service request
              11/08: received an automated email from them saying I should receive a response on 08/20
              11/20: nothing received
              11/20: talked to a level 1 officer and she said I had to wait for 30 days till the USCIS takes further actions
              12/08: 120 days mark since my applications were received and also 30 days from the SR day
              12/08: talked to a level 2 officer. She said it used to take 90-120 days to get the card but now it is a lot longer than that and she s3aid wait for another week then call them back

I just feel like I am going in a loop right here. I have a letter ready to send to my congresswoman but at this point, I don't really know what else to do beside waiting, have lost a few job offers already...

Comment

Originally posted by mrb1218 View Post
                Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with a level 2 officer and really did not get anything done lol

08/07: applications received
                09/11: biometrics done
                11/08: raised a service request
                11/08: received an automated email from them saying I should receive a response on 08/20
                11/20: nothing received
                11/20: talked to a level 1 officer and she said I had to wait for 30 days till the USCIS takes further actions
                12/08: 120 days mark since my applications were received and also 30 days from the SR day
                12/08: talked to a level 2 officer. She said it used to take 90-120 days to get the card but now it is a lot longer than that and she s3aid wait for another week then call them back

I just feel like I am going in a loop right here. I have a letter ready to send to my congresswoman but at this point, I don't really know what else to do beside waiting, have lost a few job offers already...
                lol thx for saving me time on the phone I guess because I am really bad talking to people over the phone. I didn't even get the automated email for my SR, maybe because my lawyer raised it he would be the one who receives it? And I am over 120 days so that time frame apparently doesn't apply anymore.

Was your case routed to the NBC as well?

And forget about job offers let's just both be heartbroken and give each a hug *sob*

Comment

Alright,

I emailed my congresswoman on Monday asking for help, and today this is what I've received from USCIS
                  " Thank you for your inquiry submitted on behalf of your constituent..., concerning his I-765, Application for Employment Authorization he filed with his I-485, Application to Re...Show Moregister Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, pending at the National Benefits Center (NBC). When a person files an I-765 application with their I-485 application, it is USCIS' goal to adjudicate the I-765 application and (if approved) produce and mail the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to the applicant within 90 days. However, due to the large increase in applications submitted to USCIS in the last six months, the NBC is taking longer than 90 days to produce the EADs. ...filed his I-765 application on August 7, 2017. The NBC is now completing I-765 applications that were filed on July 1, 2017. ... can expect the NBC to complete his I-765 application in approximately one month.
                  Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns"

About one more month until August filers, and more time for them to produce and mail the card... But this is at least what we know for now... It is better than nothing and this is at NBC

Comment

Alright,

I emailed my congresswoman on Monday asking for help, and today this is what I've received from USCIS
                    " Thank you for your inquiry submitted on behalf of your constituent..., concerning his I-765, Application for Employment Authorization he filed with his I-485, Application to Re...Show Moregister Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, pending at the National Benefits Center (NBC). When a person files an I-765 application with their I-485 application, it is USCIS' goal to adjudicate the I-765 application and (if approved) produce and mail the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to the applicant within 90 days. However, due to the large increase in applications submitted to USCIS in the last six months, the NBC is taking longer than 90 days to produce the EADs. ...filed his I-765 application on August 7, 2017. The NBC is now completing I-765 applications that were filed on July 1, 2017. ... can expect the NBC to complete his I-765 application in approximately one month.

About one more month until August filers, and more time for them to produce and mail the card... But this is at least what we know for now... It is better than nothing and this is at NBC

This is ridiculous!

Comment

I Filed In August

Service Center - NBC
                      PD - August 21
                      RFE - 10/20
                      Interview notice received - 12/12 for 1/11
                      EAD received 12/13

It really bothers me when I see others who filed before at the same place and are having issues, all the best to everyone still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Alecaki View Post
                        Service Center - NBC
                        PD - August 21
                        RFE - 10/20
                        Interview notice received - 12/12 for 1/11
                        EAD received 12/13

It really bothers me when I see others who filed before at the same place and are having issues, all the best to everyone still waiting.
                        Congrats! Your process seems to be super fast, do you mind telling us where you filed?

Comment

Alright,

Ahh good to know! Thank you for sharing the information this makes me feel better. I can at least create a timeframe for myself now.

Comment

UPDATE - still waiting

Received response for my SR around the 21st this month. It says all the regular stuff: we are still processing your case, blah blah blah, things like that.

So I guess it is still there so that's good. Hopefully I can get some real good news January or latest February. This is insanely slow.

Comment

Received response for my SR around the 21st this month. It says all the regular stuff: we are still processing your case, blah blah blah, things like that.

So I guess it is still there so that's good. Hopefully I can get some real good news January or latest February. This is insanely slow.
                              It has been more than 150 days for me at this point. I gave up. I ended up using my F1 EAD card instead. Whenever they want to send is up to them now, the more I read the more I am frustrated so whatever now

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X