• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 rejected once, need to reapply

Hi all,

This is the account of my first Visa interview process :

Q1 - Which company do you work for?
    Ans - xyz (good company with international rep)

Q2- ..And where would you be travelling to.. in Texas?
    Ans - Houston

Q3- What is the purpose of your visit?
    Ans- Explained that my purpose was to attend a workshop intended for employees new to ABC program. ( explained in detail)

Q4- How long will you be staying there?
    Ans- 2 weeks

Q5- And how long have you been with this xyz company ?
    Ans - Almost 3 months. (So this is where I think he formed an opinion as after this he was quiet for a while)

Q6- How much is your annual salary in lac rupees?
    Ans- X lac

Q7- Are you married ?
    And - No not yet.

Silence for a while and then he gave form 214b which said that I haven't demonstrated my intention or something. ( Not the close ties one )

I asked him if he can let me know the reason to which he replied saying that he cannot tell me much and the reason is in the form.

I am planning to reapply in Jan as I am expected to travel for a KT session.
    By Jan I will have overall 1 year experience and would have completed 5 and half months in the company.
    Prior to this I was working in a startup (was doing my MBA before that).

Please advise.
    Last edited by iyer.aishwarya93; 12-06-2017, 02:01 AM.

Good luck on your future visa applications

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Thanks for your reply, but what do you mean by "applications"? Do you think it will be rejected again?

Comment

Help needed

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
        Is there any way that I can increase the chances of getting B1 ?
        I had asked my manager if I can wait a while before reapplying but he is really adamant that I get the Visa and travel. I have an appointment in Jan and I dont want to waste another attempt.
        If you could help me in any way possible, I will be truly grateful.

Comment

Hi,

I have got my B1/B2 visa rejected on Dec-22 2017 and want to reapply now. your help is much appreciated

Do i need to get the appointment for both days? (once for fingerprint and another for VO interview)?

The DS-160 need to be re-filled and the profile already created should be used with new DS-160. is this correct?

Thanks,
          Ranjith.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranjith Palavarapu View Post
            Hi,

I have got my B1/B2 visa rejected on Dec-22 2017 and want to reapply now. your help is much appreciated

Do i need to get the appointment for both days? (once for fingerprint and another for VO interview)?

The DS-160 need to be re-filled and the profile already created should be used with new DS-160. is this correct?

Thanks,
            Ranjith.
            Please do not hijack someone else's thread. Open your own.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

You are sharing such a Valuable post here, Thanks for sharing your experience here with us...Hope very soon you will get your B1 Visa..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X