Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residence permit (blue card) with old passport number

Hello,

I currently live and work in Germany. My residence permit (blue card) has passport number in it and its valid till 2020. I have Indian passport. In october, I applied for new passport and got new Passport. So In October I applied for transfer of new passport number to residence permit, which means a new residence permit card in Foreigners office in Germany. Unfortunately, the officials made a mistake in the processing and hence they re-initiated my application again yesterday. It normally takes 4 weeks for me to receive new blue card

I am travelling to India next week. The officials in Germany said I will not have any issues since my current blue card is valid till 2020 though it has old passport number. Hence they advised me to travel with the blue card and both new and old passports. Also, I asked them to issue Temporary certficate called as "Fiktionsbeschenigung", so I can produce this certificate to immigration if asked. But this is not possible in my case because this is issued to people whose visa is expired and their new visa is in-progress. So they cant issue me this certificate as well

But I am really concerend about the immigration procedure in India while returning back from India to Germany. Normally its stringent process and I am just worried they would hinder me from flying back to Germany since my residence permit has old passport number in it.

Would be really grateful to get feedback if any of you faced these problems in the past and any suggestions would help me to free up my mind as well. Thanks

Found the solution?

Originally posted by suba.ak View Post
    Hello,

I currently live and work in Germany. My residence permit (blue card) has passport number in it and its valid till 2020. I have Indian passport. In october, I applied for new passport and got new Passport. So In October I applied for transfer of new passport number to residence permit, which means a new residence permit card in Foreigners office in Germany. Unfortunately, the officials made a mistake in the processing and hence they re-initiated my application again yesterday. It normally takes 4 weeks for me to receive new blue card

I am travelling to India next week. The officials in Germany said I will not have any issues since my current blue card is valid till 2020 though it has old passport number. Hence they advised me to travel with the blue card and both new and old passports. Also, I asked them to issue Temporary certficate called as "Fiktionsbeschenigung", so I can produce this certificate to immigration if asked. But this is not possible in my case because this is issued to people whose visa is expired and their new visa is in-progress. So they cant issue me this certificate as well

But I am really concerend about the immigration procedure in India while returning back from India to Germany. Normally its stringent process and I am just worried they would hinder me from flying back to Germany since my residence permit has old passport number in it.

Would be really grateful to get feedback if any of you faced these problems in the past and any suggestions would help me to free up my mind as well. Thanks
    Hi,

I am also in the same situation currently and I really don't know what I can do. Did you find the solution? Can you please guide me if you already found a solution for this? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Suhas

Comment

Originally posted by Suhas S Kulkarni View Post
      Hi,

I am also in the same situation currently and I really don't know what I can do. Did you find the solution? Can you please guide me if you already found a solution for this? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
      Suhas
      do what the VO said and bring your residency card and both old and new passports and you should be fine.
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Documents for entering Germany

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
        do what the VO said and bring your residency card and both old and new passports and you should be fine.
        Hello,

Sorry about hijacking this thread but I could not find another one that we related to my question. I recently (January) moved to Germany on a 6 month work visa (which expired in April) and which I converted now into a Blue Card and the green sticker (zusatzblatt zum aufenthaltstitel). I am now traveling back to India for the first time. Here is my question.

When I return back to India what documents do I need to show for proof of residence in germany (since the visa is expired). Also do I get my passport stamped every time I come in from outside EU zone into Germany ?

Thanks and regards,
        Rakesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X