Need help understanding my situation and what i can do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help understanding my situation and what i can do

I'm a 20 years old Italian citizen currently visiting the US for the third time. I've visited for almost 6 months out of the last year cause my girlfriend lives in Savannah (GA). We want to find a way for me to be able to stay here without having to go back to Italy and possibly work. I've been looking at visas, mostly work Visas, as we'd like to wait some longer instead of getting married. It's been very confusing and stressful as there's such a variety of visas and what you're supposed to do doesn't seem to be ever explained simply. I recently graduated school, with a perfect score, and i'd be willing to go to college but i can't afford to do so just yet. Her family might know people willing to employ me but it's very difficult to understand what they're supposed to do and the papers that we'd have to file. Can you guys help me out directing me towards the visa that i'd need and better suits my case? If you need further information don't hesitate to ask.

Getting married and applying for permanent residency is the easiest pathway to living and working in the United States

Work visas for skilled and unskilled workers are available through an annual lottery. It is not easy for an employer to sponsor such a visa, it is not easy for an employee to win such a visa

Comment

Originally posted by danielwinter View Post
      I'm a 20 years old Italian citizen currently visiting the US for the third time. I've visited for almost 6 months out of the last year cause my girlfriend lives in Savannah (GA). We want to find a way for me to be able to stay here without having to go back to Italy and possibly work. I've been looking at visas, mostly work Visas, as we'd like to wait some longer instead of getting married. It's been very confusing and stressful as there's such a variety of visas and what you're supposed to do doesn't seem to be ever explained simply. I recently graduated school, with a perfect score, and i'd be willing to go to college but i can't afford to do so just yet. Her family might know people willing to employ me but it's very difficult to understand what they're supposed to do and the papers that we'd have to file. Can you guys help me out directing me towards the visa that i'd need and better suits my case? If you need further information don't hesitate to ask.

I would also be careful with worker visas as that is what the current administration wants to alter. I would say either a fiancée visa, which gives you 90 days when you enter the USA to get married and file paperwork OR a spousal visa which would of course required a legal marriage. If you don't want to get married, good luck. Immigration is not getting any easier into our country, it is getting harder

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X