Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa rejected twice in chennai consulate

Hi,

I have applied for B1 visa about a year ago when my wife was working in USA under L1B visa. Since my purpose was just vacation I applied for travel visa on that time. But, it got rejected with 214b refusal stating that it is not the right category and I need to come under L1b dependent visa. Since the appointment dates for L1B were too far at that time I haven't applied in there.

This time, my employer initiated business visa for a 2 week business trip to attend business meetings and I had visa interview in chennai today.

Below is my experience:
    VO: Good Morning
    ME: Good Morning
    VO: Why you want to visit USA?
    ME: To attend business meetings
    VO: What exactly you will be doing in these meetings?
    ME: I will be meeting my US team members to talk about future enhancements to the project and will be presenting my ideas to get the best outcome out of it.
    VO: Why you, not someone else?
    ME: I have experience of about 3 and a half years in this team and i know its technical importance.
    VO: You annual salary income?
    ME: 11 p.a

This time also the VO rejected my visa with 214b refusal stating that I dont have enough ties to return back to the country.

Is there any reason it happens because of my previous rejection?

The officer did not ask any whereabouts of my wife now since she returned back to India in the last year itself and am not sure how he concludes that I dont have strong ties to return back to my home country with this.

And when is the right time to re apply again?

Any comments will be really helpful for me. Really got frustrated that it got rejected for no reasons.

Thanks
    Arun

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X