Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of H4 to F1

Hi everyone,

I m currently studying on H4 and my current h4 visa has expired. I am doing MS from a state university and have just completed the first semester.
    I am planning to go to India on December end and change my visa from H4 to F1.
    I have the following questions:

1. Is it ok if for i20 and visa interview I collect funds from friends and family and show in my husband's US bank account? Will it be a problem if bank statement shows current transactions?
    2. For financial support bank account statement is enough or do I need any other documents. I will show my husband's pay slip also.
    3. What should I answer to VO if he asks why do you want to change your status?
    4. Before having a Sevis ID I am not able to check the visa appointment status, does anybody know if appointments are easily available in Delhi in January?

Your answers will be very much appreciated, Thank you!

Try to take a statement from bank which states that you have $XX, YYYY USD in your account and this statement was generated for the purpose of Visa stamping.
    It may be a good idea to take your husband's payslip but don't present it until asked !!
    You can always tell the VO that you plan to utilize on campus jobs, TA, RA or internship for that matter. All of these are allowed as per rules but would need you to have a F1 visa.
    I see that there are dates available in early Jan and my spouse is currently in the same boat and planning to get her visa stamped from H4->F1 in mid-Jan.
    Please share your experience, tips to help other.
    Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by upd23 View Post
      Try to take a statement from bank which states that you have $XX, YYYY USD in your account and this statement was generated for the purpose of Visa stamping.
      It may be a good idea to take your husband's payslip but don't present it until asked !!
      You can always tell the VO that you plan to utilize on campus jobs, TA, RA or internship for that matter. All of these are allowed as per rules but would need you to have a F1 visa.
      I see that there are dates available in early Jan and my spouse is currently in the same boat and planning to get her visa stamped from H4->F1 in mid-Jan.
      Please share your experience, tips to help other.
      Cheers!
      Thank you so much upd23.
      I am soon starting the conversion process. Will surely update my experience.

Thanks
      Jayz

Comment

Originally posted by jayz View Post
        Thank you so much upd23.
        I am soon starting the conversion process. Will surely update my experience.

Thanks
        Jayz
        HI, were you able to get F1 in India?

Comment

Were you able to get your F1 stamping from India?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X