Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting visitor/tourist visa after green card gets revoked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting visitor/tourist visa after green card gets revoked.

1. if my green card were to get revoked due to my long absences from the usa; -in future whenever i apply for-, would i be then denied a visitor/tourist visa (because of the revocation of my gc)

2. if my green card gets approved but then i decide not to accept it, -in future whenever i apply for- , would i be denied a visitor/tourist visa
    or, a visitor/tourist visa then would be a shoo-in

There is no way - ahead of time - to know how a consular officer will perceive your immigrant intent. On one hand, you are a bona fide resident of a foreign country, so much so that your US permanent residency is at risk of being deemed abandoned. On the other hand, you would then seek returning resident status.

You know how it is with tourist visas. It is one thing to be a bona fide non-immigrant. It is another thing to convince a consular officer beyond any doubt that you are a bona fide non-immigrant

Comment

visitor/tourist visa NOT reinstating my gc

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      There is no way - ahead of time - to know how a consular officer will perceive your immigrant intent. On one hand, you are a bona fide resident of a foreign country, so much so that your US permanent residency is at risk of being deemed abandoned. On the other hand, you would then seek returning resident status.

You know how it is with tourist visas. It is one thing to be a bona fide non-immigrant. It is another thing to convince a consular officer beyond any doubt that you are a bona fide non-immigrant
      'On the other hand, you would then seek returning resident status...'
      no, i am not seeking return resident status, am merely pondering if i apply (after GC gets revoked) for a VISITOR/TOURIST visa, will it by default be denied.

'It is another thing to convince a consular officer beyond any doubt that you are a bona fide non-immigrant...'
      wouldn't the very fact that my gc was revoked as i am not inclined to reside for long duration in the usa, convince the consular officer that my intent is non-immigrant.

Comment

Originally posted by dealsone View Post
        'On the other hand, you would then seek returning resident status...'
        no, i am not seeking return resident status, am merely pondering if i apply (after GC gets revoked) for a VISITOR/TOURIST visa, will it by default be denied.

'It is another thing to convince a consular officer beyond any doubt that you are a bona fide non-immigrant...'
        wouldn't the very fact that my gc was revoked as i am not inclined to reside for long duration in the usa, convince the consular officer that my intent is non-immigrant.

Well people's plan could change, it depends on how you answer the Consular officer's questions when applying for the non-immigrant visa, as well as your circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by abumiqdad View Post
          Well people's plan could change, it depends on how you answer the Consular officer's questions when applying for the non-immigrant visa, as well as your circumstances.
          assuming, my GC gets revoked by the immigration officer when i *return to usa after a long absence, would that mean i would be denied entry on usa land & be asked to return to my native country from the airport itself.

Comment

The only people who can revoke permanent residency are the aliens themselves, and immigration judges. Border agents can persuade or coerce you into affirmatively abandoning your permanent residency in writing. If they fail to do so, only an Immigration Judge can evaluate the evidence then terminate your permanent residency

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
              The only people who can revoke permanent residency are the aliens themselves, and immigration judges. Border agents can persuade or coerce you into affirmatively abandoning your permanent residency in writing. If they fail to do so, only an Immigration Judge can evaluate the evidence then terminate your permanent residency
              Ok. Please answer this:
              if the immigration judge decides to revoke my permanent residency, would i have to leave usa *immediately.

Comment

Ok. Please answer this:
                if the immigration judge decides to revoke my permanent residency, would i have to leave usa *immediately.

are you expecting to get a grace period or something?

Comment

Ok. Please answer this:
                  You may be able to negotiate with the IJ for voluntary departure within some number of weeks

In practice, removal proceedings are very drawn out affairs, lasting months or longer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X