C9 ead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C9 ead

I applied for EAD based on c9 pending on 6/03/17. Its more than 6 months and i am yet to see any updates except the receipt ##.
    Its with NSC and i'm too concerned at this moment and wondering if anyone is my situation. Is this normal with NSC?

Originally posted by Hen View Post
    I applied for EAD based on c9 pending on 6/03/17. Its more than 6 months and i am yet to see any updates except the receipt ##.
    Its with NSC and i'm too concerned at this moment and wondering if anyone is my situation. Is this normal with NSC?
    I'm in a similar situation and it's very stressful, because I can't extend my work contract and I've been living without a salary since September.

I filed I-140 (EB2 National Interest Waiver), I-485, I-765 (c9) and I-131 on 07/24/17, about a month after you and went to the biometrics appointment on 09/07/17. My case is handled by NSC too. No news about my EAD and Advance Parole documents yet.

After 116 days from the filing dates I went to an InfoPass appointment where they told me that NSC is experiencing significant dates and they suggested that I also file an online request for case beyond average processing times. I filed the request on 11/17/2017 and they replied: "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time due to a current delay in the review of these applications and are processed in the order they are received. If after 90 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below." Essentially, they told me to complain again if I don't receive anything by the end of February 2018, which would mark 7 months after my petition date.

My case is way beyond the quoted processing time that the NSC has posted online. I called the office of my local Congressman asking them to investigate what's going on with my case at NSC, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I think this process is very humiliating and leaves people totally clueless of what's happening behind closed doors for months. I'm starting to consider withdrawing my green card application.

Comment

Originally posted by Hen View Post
      I'm in a similar situation and it's very stressful, because I can't extend my work contract and I've been living without a salary since September.

I filed I-140 (EB2 National Interest Waiver), I-485, I-765 (c9) and I-131 on 07/24/17, about a month after you and went to the biometrics appointment on 09/07/17. My case is handled by NSC too. No news about my EAD and Advance Parole documents yet.

After 116 days from the filing dates I went to an InfoPass appointment where they told me that NSC is experiencing significant dates and they suggested that I also file an online request for case beyond average processing times. I filed the request on 11/17/2017 and they replied: "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time due to a current delay in the review of these applications and are processed in the order they are received. If after 90 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below." Essentially, they told me to complain again if I don't receive anything by the end of February 2018, which would mark 7 months after my petition date.

My case is way beyond the quoted processing time that the NSC has posted online. I called the office of my local Congressman asking them to investigate what's going on with my case at NSC, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I think this process is very humiliating and leaves people totally clueless of what's happening behind closed doors for months. I'm starting to consider withdrawing my green card application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X