Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-1 visa, waiver visa, A marriage in USA then in UK. Complex question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 visa, waiver visa, A marriage in USA then in UK. Complex question.

My brief story. I'm Greek who came in UK 2010, for university studies and work. No criminal records. My fiance is a US citizen. We are together from April 2016. Blah, blah, blah. We decided to get married first in the US for him and then in the UK for my family and friends.
    Many things went wrong and we delayed the submission of the I-129F, mainly because of lack of knowledge.We had to pay a visa coach who is not willing to speak to me and it was my idea to get him. The form was received on 23 of October 2017.

The wedding over here, with a lot of guests, is at 16th of June 2018. More than eight thousand is the expense of the weddings, most of the prepaid and it's very tricky to postpone the UK one.

I am in a panic, my fiance as well.
    If the K-1 visa delay and be ready in May, it will not be easy to come over there,
    do the first marriage,
    apply for the green card and the advance parole,
    get the advance parole and return back to the UK for the church wedding in a month.
    I believe that the advance parole card takes 3 months.

From the other side, to marry first over here might take longer, I heard. (1. Do we know how long?)

The other option I heard is to come to the US with a waiver visa to marry and get out in a month. Then do the second wedding and wait. (2. Do we know how long this will take?)

One idea that I have (could be silly) was to come with a K-1 and a waiver visa marry, apply for the advance parole card, come here marry again and then return back to the US (I bet that must be the craziest thing that a person mention ever).

Do I have options? Or am I at a dead end?
    If I do, which options I have and how long do I have to wait?

P.S. This story I am afraid that damage us. I am 42, never married. He is 50 and divorced. I recently had a miscarriage from stress and because of the distance and the delays of us living apart, we recently have too many arguments.

Please help me!

It takes about 4 or more months to get Advance Parole these days. So if you want to use K-1 to enter the US to marry, and then do Adjustment of Status, you would have to wait many months before being able to leave the US, or otherwise you would abandon your Adjustment of Status.

You could come (either on K-1 or as a visitor, it doesn't matter) to the US to marry and not file for Adjustment of Status and then leave. And then you could be petitioned as a spouse and go through consular processing abroad for an immigrant visa just like if you had married abroad. The process from being petitioned to getting the immigrant visa takes a year or so. This way you would have wasted the whole K-1 process.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

newacct
      Thank you kindly for your answer. Much appreciated.

It's definitely something to think about.

Comment

Update....

Originally posted by Eleonora View Post
        My brief story. I'm Greek who came in UK 2010, for university studies and work. No criminal records. My fiance is a US citizen. We are together from April 2016. Blah, blah, blah. We decided to get married first in the US for him and then in the UK for my family and friends.
        Many things went wrong and we delayed the submission of the I-129F, mainly because of lack of knowledge.We had to pay a visa coach who is not willing to speak to me and it was my idea to get him. The form was received on 23 of October 2017.

The wedding over here, with a lot of guests, is at 16th of June 2018. More than eight thousand is the expense of the weddings, most of the prepaid and it's very tricky to postpone the UK one.

I am in a panic, my fiance as well.
        If the K-1 visa delay and be ready in May, it will not be easy to come over there,
        do the first marriage,
        apply for the green card and the advance parole,
        get the advance parole and return back to the UK for the church wedding in a month.
        I believe that the advance parole card takes 3 months.

From the other side, to marry first over here might take longer, I heard. (1. Do we know how long?)

The other option I heard is to come to the US with a waiver visa to marry and get out in a month. Then do the second wedding and wait. (2. Do we know how long this will take?)

One idea that I have (could be silly) was to come with a K-1 and a waiver visa marry, apply for the advance parole card, come here marry again and then return back to the US (I bet that must be the craziest thing that a person mention ever).

Do I have options? Or am I at a dead end?
        If I do, which options I have and how long do I have to wait?

P.S. This story I am afraid that damage us. I am 42, never married. He is 50 and divorced. I recently had a miscarriage from stress and because of the distance and the delays of us living apart, we recently have too many arguments.

Please help me!
        I applied and received a waiver visa in an hour. I'm going to visit my fiancee at the end of January and get married and return back at the end of February.With my return to the UK, we will apply for the I-130.

Question
        Do I say my intention to the border officer that I will get married and return back to the UK until papers will be ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Eleonora View Post
          Question
          Do I say my intention to the border officer that I will get married and return back to the UK until papers will be ready?
          You could. If they believe you, there would be no problem.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X