B2 to adjustment of stay anyone with experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 to adjustment of stay anyone with experience

I havew been coming to america with b2 visa foe over six years with no violation, but now i want to get married to a spouse i found in the period of coming, will the 90 days rule affect me

The 90 day rule, for all intents and purposes, does not exist

That rule was promulgated by the Department of State, which issues visas to aliens through consulates located abroad. Now that you are in the United States, your application to adjust your status to that of a permanent resident will be adjudicated by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services. They have their own set of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post

That rule was promulgated by the Department of State, which issues visas to aliens through consulates located abroad. Now that you are in the United States, your application to adjust your status to that of a permanent resident will be adjudicated by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services. They have their own set of rules.
      Thank you so much , can i go ahead and get married to my wife since we earlier fixed the date?

Comment

what is next please

we had our wedding this week as earlier scheduled.
        Now am set to file, what is next?

Comment

The B1/B2 visa permits you to enter the US for up to 1 year initially (though usually 6 months is given if you do not have a reason to stay for longer), and renewals can be in 6 months increments if warranted. You have to apply for these.

Comment

Originally posted by pyx View Post
            we had our wedding this week as earlier scheduled.
            Now am set to file, what is next?
            You can file I130 and I485 whenever you want now (I am assuming your spouse is a citizen), and the sooner the better.
            Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

it doesnt matter. as long as u entered legally, no violation since your past visit

Comment

I was also searching for some info on B1/B2 visa for USA. Can you please send me some more infomation on this.
                And last congratulations for your wedding buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post

Agree ...!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X