From temporary to permanent residency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From temporary to permanent residency

My husband and I have been married for close to three years. He’s got an extremely aggressive way of handling stress (particularly financial stress). I’ve had to call the police three times due to his way of dealing with uncomfortable situations. He throws things and is extremely verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive on occasion. I’ve been very scared when I’ve called the police because he becomes blinded by his anger and aggression. He’s double my size and has demostrared in the past that I will end up hurt when he gets like that. I don’t think he’s purposely a bad or evil man but I do think he’s got a medical issue and needs help. He refuses to accept this idea so he continues to run himself into wall after wall. My question is: will these police reports affect his migratory status in the USA once he files his papers for his permanent residence to take place?

Originally posted by Loveluv View Post
    My husband and I have been married for close to three years. He’s got an extremely aggressive way of handling stress (particularly financial stress). I’ve had to call the police three times due to his way of dealing with uncomfortable situations. He throws things and is extremely verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive on occasion. I’ve been very scared when I’ve called the police because he becomes blinded by his anger and aggression. He’s double my size and has demostrared in the past that I will end up hurt when he gets like that. I don’t think he’s purposely a bad or evil man but I do think he’s got a medical issue and needs help. He refuses to accept this idea so he continues to run himself into wall after wall. My question is: will these police reports affect his migratory status in the USA once he files his papers for his permanent residence to take place?
    He was ever arrested due to these police reports? And if it will affect his application ot not, will depend on what category he will apply for. Did he entered legally (with inspection)? Are you a USC petitioning for him?
    If for some reason he needs a waiver to adjust his status it may be a problem because on the waiver he needs to show that he is a "good person". And to prove that having several police reports showing an agressive person can be a problem. In any case, when he is ready to apply he should look for a layer to help him with these reports.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X