• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child protection act

my mother who is LPR applied for me as unmarried child under 21
    priority date 11/03/2105
    my birth date is 04/31/96
    my i-130 got approved 2 months later and I've been waiting for my priority date which has been current since November 10 2017 but i'm now 21 year old and my application has been rejected is there a way to apply for child protection act ?
    do i qualify ?

Originally posted by gabinho770 View Post
    my mother who is LPR applied for me as unmarried child under 21
    priority date 11/03/2105
    my birth date is 04/31/96
    my i-130 got approved 2 months later and I've been waiting for my priority date which has been current since November 10 2017 but i'm now 21 year old and my application has been rejected is there a way to apply for child protection act ?
    do i qualify ?
    Since your I130 was pending for 2 months, you get to qualify until you are 21 yrs. and 2 months old (that is what CSPA means). Since you were born at the end of April 96, that meant you would have qualified until the end of June 2017. Unfortunately your PD was not current at that time, and hence you no longer qualify.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

How did your mother acquire permanent residency? If through marriage, was it through marriage with a US citizen or with a US permanent resident; and how old were you when they got married? I'm just curious about how you didn't acquire permanent residency at the same time your mother did

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X