Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 Extension for R-2

Hi I'm currently here on an R-1,

I recently had my I-797C approved until 07/08/2020. My Wife who's here on an R-2 and she just got her I-539 approved until 07/08/2020.
    Her original R-2 visa in her passport expires 01/08/2018 and she has a british passport. She is travelling to Canada from 12/18/2017-12/28/2017, by leaving the country and coming back does she disqualify here i-539? or does the approval from the I-539 stay with her until it expires?

If you are currently in the US on a type of non-immigrant visa – such as the F-1 student visa or the B-2 tourist visa, you will have to leave the country at some point. But is there a way in which you can prolong your stay? What does the law state in this respect? In this case, you can apply for an extension, so that you can prolong your stay in the US – which leads us to the topic we’ll focus on today, namely the form I-539.YourTexasBenefits.com

Comment

I am not an immigration lawyer, but I can try to provide some general information. It's important to consult with an immigration attorney for specific advice regarding your situation.

Typically, when an individual departs the United States and re-enters, they need to present a valid visa or travel document to enter. In your wife's case, her R-2 visa in her passport expires on 01/08/2018, which means it might not be valid for re-entry after her trip to Canada from 12/18/2017-12/28/2017.

The I-539 approval usually allows someone to extend or change their nonimmigrant status within the United States. It does not necessarily guarantee re-entry if the visa itself has expired. When your wife returns to the U.S., she would need to present a valid visa or travel document, such as an unexpired R-2 visa, to enter. If her R-2 visa has expired, she may need to apply for a new visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy before returning.

To ensure accurate and up-to-date advice, it is strongly recommended to consult with an immigration attorney who can provide guidance based on your specific circumstances and the most recent immigration regulations. They can offer personalized omegle and owespeedtest advice regarding your wife's situation, potential consequences, and any necessary steps to take.
      Last edited by MahishTanzon; 06-26-2023, 04:05 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X