priority date in next month belletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• priority date in next month belletin

my priority date is shown as current in jan2018 visa bulletin.
    does that mean, my interview CAN happen in jan2018 itself, or it is ALWAYS at least 1 month after the visa bulletin month (i.e. jan2018*** month)

(am sure there is a valid reason/significance, but what is the purpose of releasing the jan2018 visa bulletin in dec17)

Originally posted by dealsone View Post
    does that mean, my interview CAN happen in jan2018 itself, or it is ALWAYS at least 1 month after the visa bulletin month (i.e. jan2018*** month)

(am sure there is a valid reason/significance, but what is the purpose of releasing the jan2018 visa bulletin in dec17)
    Someone, anyone...

Comment

Perhaps this link will explain what the PD is:

It is the date from which the processing of your I-130 officially starts. I may be wrong, this is the way I understand it. The interview is usually the last activity in the application process (if everything is in order at the time of the interview), so it may still be months away for you.

Comment

It helps you get ready with your paperwork (like medical records, etc.). The interview can be scheduled anytime, but usually close to January. Various other things like work load, number of applications that are current at that particular consulate, etc., determine the actual interview date.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
          It helps you get ready with your paperwork (like medical records, etc.). The interview can be scheduled anytime, but usually close to January. Various other things like work load, number of applications that are current at that particular consulate, etc., determine the actual interview date.
          you said 'but usually close to January'

but my PD (showing current) is in the jan2018 bulletin & we are nowl in dec17
          do you mean nonetheless, the interview can STILL be held in jan18. (i am from india).

i realise, cannot put a pin on the specific time frame, but WILL the interview be held NO LATER than apr18.

Comment

do you mean nonetheless, the interview can STILL be held in jan18. (i am from india).

i realise, cannot put a pin on the specific time frame, but WILL the interview be held NO LATER than apr18.
            When is your PD?

Comment

Originally posted by kotha View Post
              When is your PD?
              09sep2005

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kotha View Post
              When is your PD?
              F3 09sep2005

Comment

It is reasonable to expect the interview to be held before April.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
                  It is reasonable to expect the interview to be held before April.
                  please reply to this:

my PD (showing current) is in the jan2018 bulletin & we are now in dec17
                  do you mean nonetheless, the interview [can STILL] be held in jan18. (i am from india).

Comment

please reply to this:

my PD (showing current) is in the jan2018 bulletin & we are now in dec17
                    do you mean nonetheless, the interview [can STILL] be held in jan18. (i am from india).
                    Less likely. You will probably get the interview notice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X