Comprehensive visitor insurance for mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comprehensive visitor insurance for mother

Hi... my mother is traveling to the US on April 23rd and returning on May 8th. I am looking to buy a comprehensive medical insurance for her. Could you please guide me about the best plan to buy for the duration mentioned? She is an Indian citizen and her age is 62. Thanks.

She'll be in Atlanta, Georgia and for 5 days, we'll be in Vancouver, Canada.

Her visa is B1 type tourist visa.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the quote

Could you please send me a comprehensive policy quote only.

By comprehensive I mean, that there shouldn't be any limits on individual chargeable heads and insurance should cover everything upto the overall policy max. The policy max I want to choose is $50,000.
      Does such a policy exist for someone at her age (63+)?

Also I am looking for zero deductible and 100% pay within the insurer network of hospitals and clinics.

Could you tweak your quote as per these requirements and send me a revised plan?

Thanks

Comment

Hi
        So I had a few queries
        1. What is the major difference between the Atlas America and Atlas Premium America Plan, that the difference in the premium rates of the two plans is almost $50 at zero deductible? I looked at the benefits page for both and they almost give out the same details except for 1-2 things like Trip Interruption, Natural disaster etc.
        2. In Atlas America comprehensive plan with zero deductible, the premium cost is $95.04. Does this include all costs and taxes?
        3. My mother shall be reaching back India on the intervening night of May 9th and 10th, just after midnight. She'll be leaving US on May 8th. Should I also be including an extra day (May 9th) to the plan to cover for any situations during her travel including a stopover at Amsterdam? Does this plan cover situations outside US, during the return travel?
        4. I have heard a lot of cases where Atlas plan has refused to pay for treatment on the basis of pre existing condition clause or the acute onset clause interpretation. Could you make me understand how both these clauses can lead to denial of insurance cover?
        Thanks

Comment

Hi

I had lost track of this mail and just today I re-read it and decided to go ahead and purchase a travel insurance plan for my mother.

So I have decided to purchase Atlas America Comprehensive Plan for $50K with '100/0 Coinsurance' and $0 deductible. It shows me the purchase price at $100.98. Just wanted to quickly clarify on a couple of things:-

1. I have filled the dates of her stay here in US from Apr 23rd to May 9th... She leaves the US on evening of May 8th... and arrives back in India around the midnight between May 9th -May 10th. Does this policy cover her international travel till the midnight of May 9th - May 10th?
          2. A 100/0 coinsurance and $0 deductible would mean that the insured person is not supposed to pay anything during a medical emergency except for whatever is beyond policy max of $50K... is it right?
          3. A comprehensive coverage means that there are no sub limits to individual heads like room charges, X-ray etc.. everything is covered up to a policy max amount... is that correct?
          I hope you don't mind as I am just seeking clarification on these things just to avoid any misinterpretation of the policy details by me.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X