Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US medical/travel cover

Hi There

I am a NZ citizen, who has been living in the UK on a study visa and have been covered under the health system here. Sadly myself and my American husband need to go to the USA as his father has been given a short time to live (months, though we are not sure how many). We have to cease studies in the UK, to move to the USA for an unspecified period (we expect until November or December), and then will go to New Zealand at the end of the year to live. We both will not be working in the USA so will not have medical coverage through an employer scheme, (though my husband is a missionary who is classed as self-employed as he is supported through donations from supporters so is above the income for low income health insurance).

I am wondering what is the best health coverage for both myself and my
    husband- I am 38 he is 33, and still currently in the UK Another complication is that we were intending to start trying to get pregnant sometime in the near future, so in the event we are successful with that, I would like to have something that covers at the minimum, a pregnancy complication/emergency should it occur whilst in the USA. I intend and expect to go home to NZ to give birth.
    Is there a plan you can recommend for me and my husband? (its ok if they are different/separate policies if that provides better cost efficency).
    And can you advise how long into the pregnancy the possible options cover?

Many thanks for your time and assistance Regards

Hi again
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    We will be in Ohio for our time there. I will be arriving as a tourist initially and my understanding is that I can then apply to extend the tourist visa.
    Thanks again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X