Filed in early May (marriage based/c9), EAD and AP still not approved yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed in early May (marriage based/c9), EAD and AP still not approved yet

USCIS received our paperwork, I-130, I-131, I-765, and I-485 in early May. There was an RFE, and our response was received by USCIS in mid July. And since then, there has been no update. We tried calling the customer service, talking to L2 officers, contacting the senator's office, and going to an InfoPass appointment. Last Friday, I submitted a request to Ombusdman. It's been about 230 days since we originally filed, and about 150 days since the RFE response was received.

My conversation with an L2 officer last week was reassuring because she was really nice. She said a decision would be made soon. And I started getting hopeful again. Today, the officer I got to talk to was not friendly at all. So I called again, and this time, the officer told me that it takes 6 months to 9 months to process an EAD application. When a case is "under review," it could take from two weeks to one or two months. Today's conversations with the officers pushed me back to depression. There is nothing I can do right now, and I can't help crying.

The past half a year has been really hard for me and my husband.

Is there anyone else in the similar situation?

hang in there;
    My last ead (filed july 2016) took 72 days to approve; this time around I sent application in August and still nothing.(over 120 days). My attorney said it now takes much longer to process everything.
    I read on USCIS' website (sorry but can't find the link anymore) that as of February this year they are no longer bound by the 75-90 days processing window for i-765s.
    As a general rule, no news is good news. I'd say trust me but you don't know me.

Comment

Thanks!
      Originally posted by ConstantinYordi View Post
      hang in there;
      My last ead (filed july 2016) took 72 days to approve; this time around I sent application in August and still nothing.(over 120 days). My attorney said it now takes much longer to process everything.
      I read on USCIS' website (sorry but can't find the link anymore) that as of February this year they are no longer bound by the 75-90 days processing window for i-765s.
      As a general rule, no news is good news. I'd say trust me but you don't know me.

Comment

Pending AOS with EAD and Parole

I am in the same boat, i filed my case on May 5th and its been no action on it except just send me RFE twice and i called them up like more than 6 times and made upto 16 inquries, expedited for AP and EAD more then a month ago and no responce, still sys on web case was received.

Comment

This is too frustrating!!! Hope both of us will hear from them soon!
          Originally posted by realleyez View Post
          I am in the same boat, i filed my case on May 5th and its been no action on it except just send me RFE twice and i called them up like more than 6 times and made upto 16 inquries, expedited for AP and EAD more then a month ago and no responce, still sys on web case was received.

Comment

Same situation

Originally posted by ilovesoutherngreens View Post
            USCIS received our paperwork, I-130, I-131, I-765, and I-485 in early May. There was an RFE, and our response was received by USCIS in mid July. And since then, there has been no update. We tried calling the customer service, talking to L2 officers, contacting the senator's office, and going to an InfoPass appointment. Last Friday, I submitted a request to Ombusdman. It's been about 230 days since we originally filed, and about 150 days since the RFE response was received.

My conversation with an L2 officer last week was reassuring because she was really nice. She said a decision would be made soon. And I started getting hopeful again. Today, the officer I got to talk to was not friendly at all. So I called again, and this time, the officer told me that it takes 6 months to 9 months to process an EAD application. When a case is "under review," it could take from two weeks to one or two months. Today's conversations with the officers pushed me back to depression. There is nothing I can do right now, and I can't help crying.

The past half a year has been really hard for me and my husband.

Is there anyone else in the similar situation?

I am in the same situation with no RFE & EAD/AP still pending since 4th May.

Comment

How are you doing?

Originally posted by MamaBoyz View Post
              I am in the same situation with no RFE & EAD/AP still pending since 4th May.

Comment

Did you get any update?

Comment

Talked to an officer over the phone yesterday, my case is currently under review. I hope I'll get the approval notice within this month...
                  Originally posted by ZeeA View Post
                  Did you get any update?

Comment

same situation

Have you received any update? My case is pending 360 days. I filed last year March 2017. Still haven't received EAD and the interview notice. I did everything I could, service requests, info pass appointments, congressman, ombudsman. None of them were helpful. I was told to keep waiting... I want to receive my EAD at least. I don't undertsand why my EAD is taking more than a year when others received that within 2-4 months...

Comment

This totally sucks. We are like people who just randomly get picked for them not to make a decision on.

Been waiting since April 2017, and have tried everything you mentioned, NOTHING

Originally posted by andy555 View Post
                      Have you received any update? My case is pending 360 days. I filed last year March 2017. Still haven't received EAD and the interview notice. I did everything I could, service requests, info pass appointments, congressman, ombudsman. None of them were helpful. I was told to keep waiting... I want to receive my EAD at least. I don't undertsand why my EAD is taking more than a year when others received that within 2-4 months...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X